PDA

View Full Version : 540 v Pontiac GTO

Jehu
09-10-2006, 02:18 AM
I had a little racing fun tonight on I95 in Connecticut with a new looking Pontiac GTO; http://www.pontiac.com/gto/index.jsp He flew by be around Mystic heading South and he got off around Waterford but we chased each other for that stretch at around 100MPH and due only to his poor, greedy choices did i waste him. I didn't realize it was a 400 HP beast and i was too lazy to take it out of 6th and chase him a few times when he retook the lead but it was such a blast to have someone to race on my otherwise boring 400 miles trip tonight

pundit
09-10-2006, 02:38 AM
I had a little racing fun tonight on I95 in Connecticut with a new looking Pontiac GTO; http://www.pontiac.com/gto/index.jsp He flew by be around Mystic heading South and he got off around Waterford but we chased each other for that stretch at around 100 and due only to his poor, greedy choices did i waste him. I didn't realize it was a 400 HP beast and i was too lazy to take it out of 6th and chase him a few times when he retook the lead but it was such a blast to have someone to race on my otherwise boring 400 miles trip tonight
The current models Pontiac GTO's are manufactured here in Australia and exported to the US. They're based on our local GM Monaro.

Jehu
09-10-2006, 02:41 AM
It was a preety nice looking car.I liked it , fast as hell .Without all that traffic i suppose i stood no chance. Looks like a pretty decent interiour too, comfortable,attractive seats.

rob101
09-10-2006, 08:15 AM
the irony is they only have the technological sophistication equal to an E34, doesn't the VZ VX have semi trailing arm rear suspension.
What a joke.

saj3n
09-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Congrats!

I really like those cars!

632 Regal
09-10-2006, 01:01 PM
you have a very good chance of overtaking that thing at speeds 120mph plus, they seem to lose the power up at higher speeds...how do I know, hmm...

It was a preety nice looking car.I liked it , fast as hell .Without all that traffic i suppose i stood no chance. Looks like a pretty decent interiour too, comfortable,attractive seats.