PDA

View Full Version : were back!!!

632 Regal
09-09-2006, 11:19 PM
:d :d :d

BigKriss
09-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Back from what? Shouldn't this post be in the OT section?

:d :d :d

632 Regal
09-09-2006, 11:37 PM
back on line... guess the site waited for me to replace my thrust arms today with the Lemforders with M5 bushes.

Back from what? Shouldn't this post be in the OT section?

Gayle
09-10-2006, 12:01 AM
It's amazing how much I miss this place when it is down. Hmmm. How many times did I hit refresh in the last 8 hours?

Jehu
09-10-2006, 12:08 AM
back on line... guess the site waited for me to replace my thrust arms today with the Lemforders with M5 bushes.

Why'd you chose the M5 bushies over the 750i's?

winfred
09-10-2006, 12:10 AM
cause they is mo better

Why'd you chose the M5 bushies over the 750i's?

mamilapon
09-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Yes, Why?

Jehu
09-10-2006, 12:15 AM
yes, yes why's dey bettah?Would you have used them if you had my 540?I have no complaints with the ride with the new 750 bushys... whats the main difference?

winfred
09-10-2006, 12:36 AM
well working at a bmw shop i get the oportunity to see and use a ton of bushings and over the years i have found out a few things, the blue e34 bushings suck ass, the white 735s are a little better, the green 750s are a little better still but they all are the same crappy design that uses a pop in plastic piece on ether side to support the bushing, the m5 bushing is not solid but is strong enough to support itself with a better internal design, in over 5 years of installing m5 bushings i have not had to replace one, everything else has come back (had some blues comeback in 3 months)

632 Regal
09-10-2006, 12:45 AM
I took pictures...need to host soon. After 3 sets of FP Groton pencil eraser bushings with plastic inserts that dont fit tight I needed to splurge for the real ****. Dont like the last years shake while braking so I decided to opt for the real bushings that arent handicapped with plastic crap.

I would at least like a year between replacing these things. The Pass side FP was so stuck it sheared both bolts on the removal tool, good thing I have 200 lbs of bolts to shovel through. took almost 3 hours this time, last was an hour. They were torqued correctly at 68lbs, why it stuck is beyond me, complete bastard to get to pop.

well working at a bmw shop i get the oportunity to see and use a ton of bushings and over the years i have found out a few things, the blue e34 bushings suck ass, the white 735s are a little better, the green 750s are a little better still but they all are the same crappy design that uses a pop in plastic piece on ether side to support the bushing, the m5 bushing is not solid but is strong enough to support itself with a better internal design, in over 5 years of installing m5 bushings i have not had to replace one, everything else has come back (had some blues comeback in 3 months)

Michael999
09-10-2006, 01:13 AM
i have been checking back every 10minutes or so.
i like this place :)

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Sorry about the outage. Brandon J sent me a message while I was at a Hootie and the Blowfish concert. Finally got wifey to book some concerts and enjoy life! Concert was cool, Ravinia here just North of Chicago was even cooler. Never been there, great atmosphere. It's a picnic style concert pavilion/grassland place where you can bring your own coolers and the like in. Course it was my first time there, so I ended up buying a bottle of wine from the concession stand for $35! Anyway, I don't know what happenened last night. I had to reboot everything, routers and all. I think my ISP took a hit. My actual servers were OK. Again, sorry about the outage, and have a great day.

Goofy me, I put outdoor goo glue in my thrust bushes last time I did'em, thinking that'll help keep em tight! We'll see!