PDA

View Full Version : 525i E34 1992 Check Control Module

NightWatcher
09-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Hello Folks,

I just inherited my brother in law's 1992 525i E34 M50...I was wondering how one might test to see if the check control module is working. I was reading on the manual that when you have, say the time or amb. temp displaying on the instrument panel, pressing the check control button on the dash should clear the info (similar to pressing 'code' on the OBC). However whenever I press it, nothing seems to happen...Please advice...

Also, the 'fasten seat belts' warning light no longer seem to work...it was working when I got it a few weeks ago, but now it's not even flashing...I checked the fuse box, but can't seem to locate which fuse it might be...could use input in this as well...Thanks in advance...

NightWatcher

CarloE34
09-09-2006, 11:42 AM
First pusch the button and hold him.Than turn the ignition on 2.The sytem must check now.First all the lights will turn on in the speedo.You will see partnumbers etc after that it will turn the speedo to check it.
This is how it works here in Europe.I think it is the same in the States.
But i don't know if this is the way to check the check-control.

Otherwiselet the door open and drive with the car.If the CC is working it gives a sign that the door is not schut.Ore let your light on and take the key out.It will warn you.

NightWatcher
09-09-2006, 01:10 PM
thanks, Carlo!..i will give that a try when i get home :)

NightWatcher

BIGRED
11-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Mine seems to work some of the time. The key in ignition, light on work some times. I am wondering if it is the CCM or a wiring issue, ignition switch or or door switches.

Thanks
Don