PDA

View Full Version : Recovering door panels and need a pic

wjbell
09-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I picked up some vinyl for my door panel inserts today and wanted some opinions on the color. I know, vinyl *cringe*, but they said that's what my existing door panel is made from and I felt a seat they made up with it and it was pretty nice. Besides, they had it in stock. :)

I will be covering the center insert (the seperate middle piece of the door panel)

So I got a color in the same family that I think matches the existing tan and wood trim, but it's a hair darker for a little contrast in the panel. I want it to look classy and stock, not overdone.

My plan is to put the gathers in it like the 95 e34s. Can anyone post a pick of thier 95 door panels so I can copy it? I think I can reproduce it if I have a couple good shots of it.

So any opinions on the color? I'm trying to get as much feedback as I can because once I strip the first panel there's no turning back! And they're currently in good condition so I have no *need* to do them.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

http://www.belletc.net/bmw/matirial1.jpg

http://www.belletc.net/bmw/matirial2.jpg

Alexlind123
09-08-2006, 07:18 PM
The color is fine in terms of match, but more of a two-tone or contrast could be interesting...

stevep21
01-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Sorry I can't really help with your question but I need to re-attach the existing blue vinyl covering on my centreinserts of the door panels. Do you know how to remove those panels so it is easier to re-attach the vinyl by contact adhesive or do they have to stay in situ? Cheers, Steve

[QUOTE=wjbell]I picked up some vinyl for my door panel inserts today and wanted some opinions on the color. I know, vinyl *cringe*, but they said that's what my existing door panel is made from and I felt a seat they made up with it and it was pretty nice. Besides, they had it in stock. :)

I will be covering the center insert (the seperate middle piece of the door panel)

billy
01-15-2007, 10:43 AM
id be very interested to see the final results, especially where you have to stretch it

Itsnotme1988
01-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I think it'll look good!

Boone.Msi
01-15-2007, 11:08 AM
+1

i was going to attempt this by pulling the inserts off a black interior for a two tone(inserts,sport seats, rear seats with headrest)

We got all the inserts off but one, so i abandoned the idea...