PDA

View Full Version : M20 Timing belt done today..

bigmuthatrucker
09-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I finally got the timing belt done today.. man was it brutal I bought the car about a year ago and have benn slowly putting it back together.. (when i got it it was a mess) Just about everthing was broke or near broke. I only have to replace the driveshaft and thrust arm bushings. Then it will be squared away for the time being.. Man am I tired it seems like I took the whole front end of the car off.. Thanks to Winfred and to the others that helped me out with advice.. That belt was a bitch to get on once everything was taken off..
well thanks again
cheers
jimmy

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Many other cars require much more to change the belt, with less access.

SC David
09-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Next time, I'm getting a car with a chain :(

Kobe Diesel
09-08-2006, 06:37 PM
I finally got the timing belt done today.. man was it brutal I bought the car about a year ago and have benn slowly putting it back together.. (when i got it it was a mess) Just about everthing was broke or near broke. I only have to replace the driveshaft and thrust arm bushings. Then it will be squared away for the time being.. Man am I tired it seems like I took the whole front end of the car off.. Thanks to Winfred and to the others that helped me out with advice.. That belt was a bitch to get on once everything was taken off..
well thanks again
cheers
jimmy

Give yourself a pat on the back ;)

bigmuthatrucker
09-08-2006, 06:39 PM
I would give a pat on the back but my body is so sore I cant reach :D

Zeuk in Oz
09-08-2006, 08:51 PM
I would give a pat on the back but my body is so sore I cant reach :D
Next time it will be much easier ! :p

M20Turbo
09-09-2006, 03:25 PM
It wont be so bad the next time. Congats!