PDA

View Full Version : Looking like I'll be needing a radiator.

SnakeyesTx
09-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I thought there was an old thread a while back with a part numberr for a Behr radiator.. maybe it was another brand. I swear the poster worked for or had a deal with the vendor in question. Unless there's an O-ring around the beige tank (almost looks like I can take that part off separately if I take the torx bolts out of the top), I may be in need of a new one.

Anyway, if anyone has the price, part number and the vendor link that I thought I saw once before I'd appreciate it. Will be needing a fan shroud too.

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-08-2006, 03:25 PM
and I believe the gaskets are available if that is all that's leaking

SnakeyesTx
09-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Is it really as simple as draining the radiator, and taking out those two torx bolts on the top holding it down and wiggling it loose from its o-ring? (I'm assuming its an o-ring down there)

billb
09-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Is it really as simple as draining the radiator, and taking out those two torx bolts on the top holding it down and wiggling it loose from its o-ring? (I'm assuming its an o-ring down there)

...My tank used to start leaking in cold weather when the O-ring shrank(?). Radiator cap off, radiator drained down (save the coolant in a clean container so you can put it back in if it's not too old) two bolts off, pull off the top cover, and use a long flat-blade screwdriver to pry the tank up and out of the radiator. It'll pop right out, then you can either replace the O-ring or put some sealant around it and put it back in place.