PDA

View Full Version : E34 widebody

jjdickm
09-08-2006, 02:30 AM
http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=020ls.jpg
This was all over the bimmerinfo.com site. People were saying the kit is zeemax but it doesn't look like it at all the front bumper looks very different. the whole thing looks different to me. http://www.zeemax.com/7e34wb.htm
I am looking for a clean wide body kit. I know there is allot of people that are all for keeping the stock look. I am not looking for whether I should do it or not but im only looking for some more sources for more kits. I am not only doing it for looks, im trying to fit the widest wheels I can find.

BillionPa
09-08-2006, 02:43 AM
no way in hell that is zeemax, it looks a lot nicer, and the spoilers dont have those stupid side vents.

jjdickm
09-08-2006, 02:51 AM
thank god, I really like that kit im ok with the zeemax kit besides the bumbers with the cut outs and the splitters going everywhere.

Thayne
09-08-2006, 03:59 AM
Thats a pretty sweet kit! Almost looks like a E30 M3.

angrypancake
09-08-2006, 06:32 AM
it almost looks like an ///m front bumper and then custom flared rear fenders. it's really nice, too bad the wheels suck

jjdickm
09-08-2006, 09:37 PM
agreed

angrypancake
09-08-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm really really toying with the idea of doing subtle flares for the rear of my car, something like that. With some 18x10.5" wheels in the back, it could look awesome. Eh, gotta focus on that 6 speed swap first.

Alexlind123
09-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Nicest wide body kit i have seen, on any car. But still, widebody FTL!

ILoveMPower
09-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Pretty nice widebody, and I like the Borbet dishies :D

genphreak
09-10-2006, 09:41 AM
http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=020ls.jpg
This was all over the bimmerinfo.com site. People were saying the kit is zeemax but it doesn't look like it at all the front bumper looks very different. the whole thing looks different to me. http://www.zeemax.com/7e34wb.htm
I am looking for a clean wide body kit. I know there is allot of people that are all for keeping the stock look. I am not looking for whether I should do it or not but im only looking for some more sources for more kits. I am not only doing it for looks, im trying to fit the widest wheels I can find.Looks photoshopped to me. How the hell would you open the rear doors? There is no way to get your fingers under the handle... :p

SC David
09-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Looks photoshopped to me. How the hell would you open the rear doors? There is no way to get your fingers under the handle... :p
I know I've seen more pictures of this car somewhere. There is a little cutout underneath that rear handles so that they can be opened. This is definitely my favorite E34 widebody kit, and the only one I would ever consider on my car. It's gotta be $$$$$ though.

Jon K
09-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Jonathon how's your car coming along since I sent you your ECU?

jjdickm
09-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Slow haven't gotten to play with the ecu. Had a little bump in the road but im back on track I will complete the build shortly I actually bought a new e34 535i instead of trying to use my 525i. I pretty much have to sell my other car and then I will be able to complete my build.

genphreak
09-12-2006, 04:42 AM
Slow haven't gotten to play with the ecu. Had a little bump in the road but im back on track I will complete the build shortly I actually bought a new e34 535i instead of trying to use my 525i. I pretty much have to sell my other car and then I will be able to complete my build.Sweet, so you're using MS on the M30? I will be doing this too. Soon it will be time to share notes, I don't know of anyone that has done an M30B35 (late M30 with motronic) before. If we could find someone it'd be nice to scam their fuel maps ;) My plans are to get the MS, use fuel + spark replace the coil and all the injector wiring... the wiring is going to be the biggest challenge I fear. Thankfully I think all the woes re crank sensor are sorted. MY main hassle is that I have just bought a new O2 sensor and with the MS I have to buy a bloody wideband one... :D dollarrrrs dollarrrs dollarrs!

genphreak
09-12-2006, 04:45 AM
ahh I see. thanks, the pic just looks more than a little vague there. Maybe its a custom job? A lot of poeple got keen on this idea after seeing the first Audi Quattro and those old Rally-spec Lancia's flare styling.. Styling doesn't get any nicer than an e34 with quattro flares. Thatz4sure!

jjdickm
09-13-2006, 10:01 PM
I hear all that especially the dollars dollars part, I hope I can do all this im a little nervous i haven't really done a install like this but jon k has helped me allot. Are you going to turbo?

angrypancake
09-13-2006, 10:04 PM
there are a couple pictures of it on bf.c. im looking

Digita1 Ecstasy
09-13-2006, 10:09 PM
It most likely is a zeemax kit, they custom fit every kit to your car, so it doesn't seem hard to believe to work out something with the company to change the front/rear bumpers or whatever, and keep the parts of the zeemax you want, in the end they just want your business, they'll work with you. Thats what I would do, imo the zeemax front/rear/ bumpers and spoilers look gross as hell, but everything else is hot. That black E34 does sort of look like the E30 widebody, kinda subtle, (as subtle a wb could be anyway) very tasteful.

jjdickm
09-13-2006, 10:16 PM
I hate the zeemax kit besides the fenders. Maybe I should just go with fender flares.

Nick.Hay
09-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Dude!!!

Excellent choice of Vodka my friend!!
See if you can grab a bottle of LEVEL Vodka... Straight-up, on ice its BEAUTIFUL!!

Oops, back on topic: That widebody kit actually looked great!! I hate it when someone bastardises the sexy lines of an E34... But that kit even gets thumbs up from me!!

angrypancake
09-14-2006, 12:15 AM
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5464/017nq.jpg

Booster
09-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Those Zeemax WBK's would look nice if someone placed selenoids in the rear doors and shaved the rear door handles altogether. It would almost have the appearance of an M3 coupe then.
Just thinking outloud.............:p
...............Vinny

jjdickm
09-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Shaving the rear door handles would look good, but then I would feel like such a ricer.

Macv
09-14-2006, 02:10 PM
I agree with jjdickm. I do think it would look pretty clean.