PDA

View Full Version : If it weren't for hitchikers

Jehu
09-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I picked up two different hitchhikers today. I wanted to demonstrate the heated seat for one who mentioned he had back problems and it didn't work.The buttons illuminate but no heat.Is this a fusible item ?I was also dismayed to hear the second guy say;"not many people pick up hitchhikers, especially BMW drivers."! I was shocked, say it ain't so..oh yah, something else odd.At some point today the a/c cut out.Air blowing room temp.I popped the hood turned it on full to add some refrigerent and while i was looking for the can it started blowing cold again... I never found the can and it is still blowing cold, well except for that little bit of kind of warm that mixes in with the left dash vent.Oh yah, glad the BMW hoods open the way they do, if i was in my old cutlass and forgot to shut the hood it would have gone thru my windshield. I drove about twenty miles before i stopped and noticed the hood was unlatched.. i imagined the engine liked the cool breeze.

jrobbo
09-08-2006, 06:34 AM
Hey Jehu,

Same to you man

John

:-)

genphreak
09-08-2006, 06:46 AM
:D There's no points in picking up hitchhikers... they don't count, unless you can get them as you drive past. More point than little old ladies in that case but not as much as geriatrics in powered wheelschairs...

Seriosuly now, your heater valves are sticking. Is your coolant blue and not very old? When was is last flushed? Heated seat, once checked the relay and fuse you have to see if power is at the seat switch or heater element. If not, work back- my guess is the problem is in the connections to the seat element or loom. Just remove the seat, you will see the elements and connections all there underneath, ready for testing. :) nick

Jehu
09-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey Jehu,

Same to you man

John

:-)

What are you, some kind of genius ? You should be working for your friendly neighborhood spy agency,lol... 47 had read it and nobody as much as bothered to spit.

Jehu
09-08-2006, 07:06 AM
:D There's no points in picking up hitchhikers... they don't count, unless you can get them as you drive past. More point than little old ladies in that case but not as much as geriatrics in powered wheelschairs...

Seriosuly now, your heater valves are sticking. Is your coolant blue and not very old? When was is last flushed? Heated seat, once checked the relay and fuse you have to see if power is at the seat switch or heater element. If not, work back- my guess is the problem is in the connections to the seat element or loom. Just remove the seat, you will see the elements and connections all there underneath, ready for testing. :) nick

Yea, i was going to say me kewlant is blew and really young because that's what i had them use when the dealership replaced the Aux Water Pimp a couple of months ago,say maybe 8,000 miles or so and i can only assume they flushed the system before adding the coolant but opening the reseviour its actually dirtyish which i guess is from the mixing of blau und gruen,if they didn't i have no way of knowing when it was last replaced but there was some green in there when i got it, so i guess it could be that its a mixutre now.I know where the valves are but i'll hold off till the problem gets unbearable, Winter's coming and it may be off the road in a storage locker for a few months.I love those heated seats...mmmmm..Thanks.

Ross
09-08-2006, 09:05 AM
That's not very nice

Jehu
09-08-2006, 09:07 AM
believe me , it applies to someone, somewhere at any given moment every day..

azale
09-08-2006, 09:25 AM
What are you, some kind of genius ? You should be working for your friendly neighborhood spy agency,lol... 47 had read it and nobody as much as bothered to spit.
With a good Bible name like Jehu, I would expect better manners.

You forgot to say please.

Jehu
09-08-2006, 09:36 AM
With a good Bible name like Jehu, I would expect better manners.

You forgot to say please.

Jehu ,at the Command of God killed the King of Israel with an arrow through the heart and had his Queen, Jezebel thrown out of a window to be eaten by dogs then took his place ...I was merely restoring balance.. Please,don't take it personally.:D

jrobbo
09-08-2006, 03:23 PM

They call me Rain Man :-)

John