PDA

View Full Version : car's in the shop again with electrical problems

HDhandyman
09-07-2006, 09:23 PM
So, the other day I threw a 1221 and I was like hmmm, just changed the O2 could it be the MAFS? Then 2-3 days later, a trans program with ABS light combo and now I'm thinking electrical problems. I limped home, and I had lots of work to do over the next couple of days so I just took the Lincoln to work for a couple of days. Well, yesterday I went out and disconnected/reconnected the battery to fool the car into forgetting about the transprogram long enough for me to make it to the indy, and what do you know...dead battery. So, now I'm like ****..is it the alternator again? Some will remember that I'm on my second alternator after a mysterious failure of the previous unit that was allegedly attributed to being a bad part. Long story short, voltage is dragging me down, throwing trans programs and the lot, and continually ****ing up my groove. My indy is hot on the case (Curt @ motorsports of LEX for locals), but has yet to find the location of the problem. He has diagnosed the fact that the battery light, or rather the way that the light is registering upon start-up, is causing the problem, but still doesn't know if the problem is with grounds/contacts, dash cluster, or relation to alternator. I'll keep you guys posted.

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-07-2006, 09:59 PM
he's been putting Alka Seltzer in your battery, cause of your signature picture

632 Regal
09-07-2006, 10:04 PM
exactly, like he is looking for an honest responce from me...lol

do you have green or blue radiator juice?

he's been putting Alka Seltzer in your battery, cause of your signature picture

RobPatt
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
...every time I see that sig pic...

can't hold out any longer....

Damn she's beautiful, "but her face..." :D

So, the other day I threw a 1221 and I was like hmmm, just changed the O2 could it be the MAFS? Then 2-3 days later, a trans program with ABS light combo and now I'm thinking electrical problems. I limped home, and I had lots of work to do over the next couple of days so I just took the Lincoln to work for a couple of days. Well, yesterday I went out and disconnected/reconnected the battery to fool the car into forgetting about the transprogram long enough for me to make it to the indy, and what do you know...dead battery. So, now I'm like ****..is it the alternator again? Some will remember that I'm on my second alternator after a mysterious failure of the previous unit that was allegedly attributed to being a bad part. Long story short, voltage is dragging me down, throwing trans programs and the lot, and continually ****ing up my groove. My indy is hot on the case (Curt @ motorsports of LEX for locals), but has yet to find the location of the problem. He has diagnosed the fact that the battery light, or rather the way that the light is registering upon start-up, is causing the problem, but still doesn't know if the problem is with grounds/contacts, dash cluster, or relation to alternator. I'll keep you guys posted.

HDhandyman
09-07-2006, 10:18 PM
exactly, like he is looking for an honest responce from me...lol

do you have green or blue radiator juice?

LOL...Jeff just wishes it were his sig. But, he hasn't asked me for it yet, so I'm not passing it along untill he asks.:p

...as if you had a serious response, Jeff.

and BTW, I'm ready to purchase 1 business card and get 999 free!

Robin-535im
09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
...every time I see that sig pic...

can't hold out any longer....

Damn she's beautiful, "but her face..." :D
That pic could totally distroy a 12 year old boy's future mental stability.

Talk about "issues"...

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Cons world wide are pasting this thing up in their cells.