PDA

View Full Version : Which non hella red/clear rears are best?

nixter
09-07-2006, 05:32 PM
I want to get rear red/clears for my car but I don't want to shell out for the Hellas. Which of the cheapo's are the best? Has anyone tried some that fit well and looked like they should be there?

Thanks all!

nix

angrypancake
09-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Depos are the most commonly used brand and it's hit or miss. personally i'd go for the hellas. and especially cause you have an M5!

nixter
09-07-2006, 06:03 PM
I know, I know. I just can't work up the justification to pay for the clears when I don't even mind the ambers that much. I just want to try them. If they look and work decently then I'll keep them. If they look great but don't work or fit well then I'll get the Hellas. If they don't look that good, I can just put the ambers back in!

How do I know which are depots? I've looked at plenty of ebay red/clears and I can't find the depot name anywhere.

n

Yiorgos
09-07-2006, 06:34 PM
The name is Depo, not Depot, and you could ask the ebay seller a question on what the brand is.

Also if you see them closely on the "front" of the assemblies there will be a DEPO brand marked on the plastic.

ILoveMPower
09-07-2006, 09:12 PM
You can get depos from procarparts.com

Thats where I got mine, pretty good service and quick delivery :)

VentoGT
09-08-2006, 10:29 AM
NIX--I thought you were a good guy, now I'm starting to worry. You have an M5--creme of the crop brotha--you don't take your supermodel girlfriend to dinner at McDonald's...

:)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m27/ventogt/M5Rearlicense.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m27/ventogt/M5DriverRearSide.jpg

A few tempting photos...best $200 I have spent on my car thus far.

Qube
09-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Do a search man...

I made several posts a while back with full comparison pictures and all.

saj3n
09-08-2006, 11:05 AM
I take mine to mcdonalds. :-D Guess you can do that though, when they have an engagement ring on. :-P Are your's Hella? I used to have DEPO, and LOVE THEM compared to the piece of craps that came in to replace the messed up DEPO's this week. I ended up having to re-wire the entire passenger side light (unsoldering & resoldering all of the connecting wires) in order for the darn thing to work properly! Stay away from this seller & the lights!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=140021963123&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

nixter
09-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey Qube, is that a thread that you started? I search threads started by you and I couldn't find anything going back 9 pages.

n

Do a search man...

I made several posts a while back with full comparison pictures and all.

VentoGT
09-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Saj--yes mine are Hellas--with several of my other cars I have done the aftermarket thing [notably on my e46 3 series] and ended up being disappointed. The price savings for the knockoffs don't tempt me enough to skimp out on that stuff.

Owning and keeping up an M5 ain't cheap, so I don't plan to cheap out on anything with my car--Nix is a good guy too, just messing with him :)

nixter
09-08-2006, 12:32 PM
heh, I actually thought the hella's were $300 for some reason. So I'll probbably be getting them soon.

n