PDA

View Full Version : New after-market E34 remote entry from Stellar $149?

e34musician
09-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Has anyone tried this Stellar's keyless entry kit? I found it on Bavarian. How do I know if my 94, 530i is pre-wired? The only way to find out is to lift up the back seat? I am seriously looking for a good reliable after-market keyless entry system. I don't need the alarm. Any thought.

================================================== =
Stellar's new BMW45P keyless entry unit plugs directly into the factory port on your 1992-2000 BMW. Since Stellar's BMW45P simply plugs in, and does not require additional wiring. Why pay over $300 for a factory alarm when all you want to do is simply lock and unlock your BMW by remote? Stellar's BMW45P offers all of the performance and reliability of a factory keyless entry system at a fraction of the cost.
For added security, the Stellar BMW45 Keyless Entry Unit can double lock your doors, which prevents your doors from being opened even from the inside, as well as giving you flashing parking-light confirmation that your BMW has been securely locked.

Stellar's BMW45 allows you remotely lock and unlock your doors at a fraction of the factory price, and for added convenience the accessory button on your BMW45 will work in conjunction with other BMW compatible accessories for remote operation of features like power trunk, remote start, or power convertible top.

Plugs Into Factory Port
Remote Keyless Entry At A Fraction Of The Factory Price
Double Locking
Extra Accessory Output
Microprocessor Controlled
Add Parking Light Or Starter Kill With One Relay!
Made In The USA
Limited Lifetime Warranty

Ross
09-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Blue connector under rear seat in the middle as I recall.

e34musician
09-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Blue connector under rear seat in the middle as I recall.

Thanks. I just found out today that mine is pre-wired with the black 12 pins male connector located under the rear seat next to battery. I also found this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-PLUG-IN-KEYLESS-ENTRY-E36-E34-E32-Z3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQihZ015QQitemZ 250026540956

Anyone successfully installed this ebay direct-plugin keyless system? It looks nice. Any good? The seller seems to have a lot of very good feedbacks.

e34musician
09-29-2006, 08:25 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-PLUG-IN-KEYLESS-ENTRY-E36-E34-E32-Z3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQihZ015QQitemZ 250026540956

There is no reply on this. But I took a chance and order this ebay keyless system anyway. It turns that that it works great:D The range is actually pretty good. It's also easy to install. $135 shipped to the door in 3 days. I took me only 15mins to get it all done. I recommend this if you have the pre-wired ready. I know that I can get a cheaper generic one and mod it to work on my car. But I don't want to deal with modifying anything. Plug & play is the way to go. At least I don't have to pay for installation.

Jay 535i
09-29-2006, 12:48 PM
I bought a kit from bmwalarm.com and it works great, plus the keyfobs look OE. The website seems to be gone now, though.

I think the kit you ordered may be the same. Looks the same as what I have.

e34musician
09-29-2006, 12:59 PM
I bought a kit from bmwalarm.com and it works great, plus the keyfobs look OE. The website seems to be gone now, though.

I think the kit you ordered may be the same. Looks the same as what I have.

Yeah, I got the remotes that have the flop key built in. It looks good and seems pretty sturdy. It should last for a while. I'm happy with my purchase. I am still looking for a place to cut the key. Locksmith may charge me too high. Not sure what other choice I have. I'm in the bayarea. Any suggestion?

Jay 535i
09-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I got the remotes that have the flop key built in. It looks good and seems pretty sturdy. It should last for a while. I'm happy with my purchase. I am still looking for a place to cut the key. Locksmith may charge me too high. Not sure what other choice I have. I'm in the bayarea. Any suggestion?

A locksmith did it for me. Charged me $50. A special machine is required that most locksmiths don't have, hence the steep price.

e34musician
09-30-2006, 08:23 PM
A locksmith did it for me. Charged me $50. A special machine is required that most locksmiths don't have, hence the steep price.

Thanks, Jay. I called local locksmiths, but they said they don't cut keys? I ended up having my key cut at the mall (Great Mall) for $30 bucks. It works!:D

Jay 535i
10-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Jay. I called local locksmiths, but they said they don't cut keys? I ended up having my key cut at the mall (Great Mall) for $30 bucks. It works!:D

Glad to help.

The locksmiths, though very friendly and seemingly competent, botched their first attempt. They felt bad about it, so they ordered a pack of ten BMW keys on their own nickel with the intention to saw off the metal bit and modify it to go into the flippy thing. It worked for a day before it broke, since their modifications had seriously weakened it.

I have a spare flip thing that I've been meaning to take back to them to have another go, but I keep putting it off. No matter. Glad you got sorted.

Derek A.
10-01-2006, 01:01 PM
My BMW dealer has the ability to cut keys. I think a Master was $7

Jay 535i
10-01-2006, 01:05 PM
My BMW dealer has the ability to cut keys. I think a Master was $7

AFAIK, any BMW dealer will claim to do it, but in fact most of them outsource the job to a locksmith or to BMW itself back in Germany. In any case, $7 sounds suspiciously cheap for anyting coming from a BMW dealer. I was under the impression that a) the dealer's price is way expensive and b) they will only cut OE keys, which e34musician's is not.

I could be wrong, though.

As an aside, Derek, our cars are nearly identical. :) I gotta post some new pics, though, showing my clear corners, euro bumper trim, 5-speed conversion and Momo wheel. Better get on that before the snow falls...