PDA

View Full Version : Newbie E34 91 UK Spec 520i

Cressidom
09-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Greetings all,

Amazing Forum..just what a newbie like me needs..great info etc.
I live in Malaysia and just took ownership of a 91 UK spec (sunroof) 520i Manual 24V. The first owner didn't really have time to do much on the care except the usual service etc. I'm in the process of bringing the car up to spec,changing thrust arms/bushings..etc.etc.
I am also in the works of making upgrades to the car,slowly but surely.The first is to mod the intake, I.e Larger Throttle body,drop in K&N filter or Pipercross and am due for a clutch change.AM looking on a lightened flywheel,Don't want aftermarket (unless someone can recommend me a product)it's an M50 non vanos 24V.AM looking on ditching the DUAL mass F.wheel...is there a 'replacement' that i can use without much mods.I.e. like an E28 flywheel.
Appreciate any advice or tips.

Thank you all
Cheers
Dom

BillionPa
09-06-2006, 02:25 PM
go for another stock type high flow filter thats not K&N, as the oil seems to mess up the air flow sensor. i switched to an ITG filter, very nice but doesnt fit in the box as well.

remember to change all the gaskets in the intake system when messing around up there.

for clutches.... i know its easy to get a lightweight flywheel with M5 clutch for the 525, but i have no idea about the 520.

Cressidom
09-07-2006, 05:25 AM
Hi Billion...

Thanks much...still looking for a solution

Cheers
Dom