PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from lapping day last Friday

Maximabello
09-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Four of us headed down to Bremerton from Seattle, two e34's a 350z and the Ferrari. (1975 Ferrari 308gt4 -I think). Couple pictures of Jeff N. tearing around the track.

It was an open session all day, couldn't ask for more seat time.

Other cool cars that showed:
1986 AMG 560sec
Two Lotus Sevens
Beautiful dark Blue 993 Turbo

Erik

Martin in Bellevue
09-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Looks like fun.

Did Jeffro 'borrow' another set of tires to pound at the track? Did the RD headers make any noticeable difference to his 5er?

Was the 350z hella faster than the old fiat and the underpowered, heavy sedan?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Miss you girls.

Maximabello
09-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Martinator- You going to drive up for the next one? Beer and BBQ at Jeff's cabin followed.

Those were his old tires, they made it through 3/4 of the day..not sure about the header, didn't notice if it was on or not?

350 was fast, stock everything and handled the conditions great. Sat in it with my helmet on, pretty tight.

Put a bar in the purple car and bring it up..Oct 11.

Looks like fun.

Did Jeffro 'borrow' another set of tires to pound at the track? Did the RD headers make any noticeable difference to his 5er?

Miss you girls.

Jon K
09-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Looks fun - poor style 5s!

CharlesAFerg
09-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Jeez you guys aren't that far from me and a few other guys, we're in Portland.

Jeff N.
09-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Thx there Eric...nice pics. Saw Anthony tonight and he says he has a bunch more. I'll let you know what he has...

A good day was had by all...lots o track time. Impressed with how little body roll my 5er has. Never seen pics like that, pretty tight. :)

Got a ride in the 308gt4; way cool... gotta love 280+hp in a 2700 lb car. And the noises it makes...whoo hoo!

Martin - ya missed out. Git yer ass out of sackotomatoes...

My car's got some work to do still. Not making the power she should.

Let's do it again! (I need new rubber).

Thayne
09-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Looks like it was a lot of fun! :D

Jeff N.
09-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Few more (really big) pics. Erik - sent you the direct link.

Our photog's didn't get a worthy shot of Erik's car. Bad bad bad.

Interesting look at a high speed turn. Likely going about 85 or so...inside wheel's almost off the ground.

http://gizmatron.mesmer.com/anthor/Bremerton_8_06/Bremerton_8_06-Images/3.jpg

I like this one. This 270 degree turn is wicked. Hard braking, down shifting, 270 turn, don't miss the apex..back on the gas.

http://gizmatron.mesmer.com/anthor/Bremerton_8_06/Bremerton_8_06-Images/5.jpg

Erik helping me replace the brake pads and swap tires. (Thx Erik!)

http://gizmatron.mesmer.com/anthor/Bremerton_8_06/Bremerton_8_06-Images/34.jpg

The 308gt4 making the turn...

http://gizmatron.mesmer.com/anthor/Bremerton_8_06/Bremerton_8_06-Images/50.jpg

Our photog's didn't get a worthy shot of Erik's car. Bad bad bad.

Robin-535im
09-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Looks like fun.

Miss you girls.

Hella... you've been in CA too long already!

I went to UC Davis as an undergrad... friend of mine from Davis went to grad school with me in MA... he often used the term, "Hella butt-ass". "Dude - that problem set was hella butt-ass hard!!"

So Jeff got the Headers? How do I get on the list? :)

Robin-535im
09-07-2006, 01:22 AM
So Jeff - you've got Dinan springs and the blue RD adjustable sways?

I wouldn't have believed the lack of body roll if I hadn't seen it - very impressive for a Mrs Piggy-type e34!

I'm jealous - looks like a LOT of fun.

BTW - what tires are you running to get that kind of grip?

- Robin

Jeff N.
09-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah..the suspension setup is Dinan springs (not the lowest or stiffest by any means); Bilsteins, RD sways and some front camber plates. It's interesting to see the bar at work in the one pic, I'm sure that's what lifting up that front inside tire.

Several others at the track have commented on the lack of body roll in the car. I guess I'd never really thought about it. When you're in the car, it feels like it's heeling over quite a bit. I think some of that is associated with our nice lovely sofa seats. :)

Tires are (were actually) Kuhmo Victoracers. Sticky. 225/50/16s. Ran them out that day...need some new rubber but am really holding off as I look for a lighter, more nimble track car that will be easier on tires and brakes.

angrypancake
09-07-2006, 01:07 PM
hahaha greatest lisence plate ever :). awesome pictures.