View Full Version : rythmic vibration felt

brosher
09-05-2006, 10:43 AM
I've been noticing a vibration latley. It is a low-frequency, rythmic vibration that I notice mostly upon the first few minutes of driving. I've yet to accuratly figure out if it goes away after the car heats up or if I just stop noticing it.

I got in an accident a few weeks ago where another car "tugged" on my rear bumper support. Pulling away from the car, not pushing into the car. I am wondering if this had anything to do with this. I only had the car for a few weeks before getting hit so it may have already existed and I just hadn't noticed yet.

It does not feel like it comes from any particular area of the car. The car hasn't been on a lift since the accident. Who is qualified to diagnose this? Should I drop off at the dealer and have them diagnose and hopfully get reimbursed from the insurance co?

Flamin'Cow
09-05-2006, 10:51 AM
In a word - yes.

It could be many things - especially if the noise is coming from the back; problem with the tranny, problem with the fuel pump, problem with the drive shaft or any of its associated 'gubbins' - hell it could even be that now your rear end isnt as aerodinamic as before the distorted bumper is causeing 'drag'. You need a pro - BMW dealer is best. They shouldn't charge just to 'have a look' and if is due to your accident - at least your bumper will be put back in place and re-sprayed as part of their work.

632 Regal
09-05-2006, 11:32 AM
check your guibo.

brosher
09-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Hmm, I will take a peek at the guibo. I forgot to mention that the problem is noticable under light load or cruising. Not a problem under heavy foot.

632 Regal
09-05-2006, 11:59 AM
might also want to inspect the motor/trans mounts.