PDA

View Full Version : Hoses east and west of Fuel Filter

530iBall
09-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Morning all. Now that Ernesto has moved through I can finally get back to my tune-up chores. I searched the forum and the only items I saw referenced fuel hoses inside the engine compartment. What about the short hoses near the filter. Are they the same? I think the engine compartment ones are 8mm and need to withstand pressure in excess of 45 psi. What do you fellas use?

632 Regal
09-04-2006, 11:24 AM
since the fuel pump is in the tank the filter hoses also have to tolerate extream pressures.

BillionPa
09-04-2006, 01:32 PM
they have specific part #s from bmw.

i have a bag sitting here for when i change the filters and level sensor.

Bill R.
09-04-2006, 02:18 PM
mercedes hose in 8mm for much less than that outrageously priced bmw hose. And the mercedes hose looks and feels about the same as bmw hose. Both are a high quality , high pressure fuel line. Patrick sells it by the meter.

Morning all. Now that Ernesto has moved through I can finally get back to my tune-up chores. I searched the forum and the only items I saw referenced fuel hoses inside the engine compartment. What about the short hoses near the filter. Are they the same? I think the engine compartment ones are 8mm and need to withstand pressure in excess of 45 psi. What do you fellas use?