PDA

View Full Version : electrical headaches

steve0suprem0
09-04-2006, 12:40 AM
jeez, man it never ends. i'm sorry to keep bothering you folks with this, but it's become a crisis.

both license plate lights out. right tail and parking light also. along with dash lights. i'm begging to be pulled over.

this all happened when i fiddled with the bundle of wires on the trunk hinge, back when i only had one license light out. now a can of worms has become an industrial sized drum.

so i found half a dozen wires pinched or cut and soldered them all back together. i was so happy. walking on air. until i turned on my lights, and the problem wasn't any better. so now i have these wires connected, and i'm still banging my head against the wall. i want to cry.

what else could be doing this? i'm going crazy. shouldn't a car work when you spend ten grand on it?

everything else, in all actuality, is fine. fixed my passenger door only opening from inside. PITA, BTW. well, the lock still won't sync, but i'll worry about that later. right now i just need lights. also got oem wipers and eliminated the rattle. but none of that stuff attracts the attention of the fuzz.

BillionPa
09-04-2006, 12:48 AM
there is still probably a pinched wire thats grounding, causing a drain in power...

are all the fuses OK?

steve0suprem0
09-05-2006, 09:02 AM
yeah, all the fuses i could find were ok. everything under the seat, under the hood.... i think i'm gonna have to take her in. i'm so frustrated i don't think i can handle any more wiring.

steve0suprem0
09-05-2006, 01:42 PM
ok. i feel stupid. kinda. half stupid. i swear i checked the fuses. of course that was back when i was only missing one license plate light.

i guess messin with the wires blew the fuse. now that everything's reconnected, and the fuse is replaced, i can stop hating my e34 and start loving it again. thank you to all who helped. mucho appreciacion.

no ridiculously expensive trip to a repair shop. i can spend that $ on eliminating my 60 mph shimmy. or tint. or bitchin radar detector. or stereo... or... no, i think that'd do it.