PDA

View Full Version : Some ignition problem i think!!

gothe86
09-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi everybody. i'm a neewbie at this page, but it seems to be a great page!

Now to my problem. My car is a 535i -91 and its a great car.
just one problem. it wont start whit the key, just when i do a jumping start and then its run perfectly. but when i try whit the key its just go around but no ignition. and nobody seems to no what it is... so PLEASE help mee out because i really love the car in every way.

Thanks \\ Gothman

winfred
09-03-2006, 11:44 AM
dead cell in the battery maybe? i've seen a few over the years where it has enough to crank the engine but not enough to supply the computer/fuel pump

gothe86
09-03-2006, 11:51 AM
dead cell in the battery maybe? i've seen a few over the years where it has enough to crank the engine but not enough to supply the computer/fuel pump

Hmm i dont think it is because it dont help to use a battery start pack. but maybe i have to put it directly on the battery instead of under the hood.. but i dont now??

winfred
09-03-2006, 05:24 PM
kinda hard to diagnose without getting my hands dirty, maybe you can check a few things and we can help you to zero in on the problem, see if you have spark, fuel pump and injector pulse, the injectors have a constaint 12v with the key on and the computer fires them with a ground pulse, check for the power and you need a test light to check for the ground pulse, if you have none of these it can be a few things, dead main relay or possible cracked/corroded fusable link which is a bitch to get to but testable, theres a power lead in the computer box with a 10mm nut that's covered by a plastic cap, that is the sorce of the fuel injections power, the fuel pump runs while the engine is turning

Hmm i dont think it is because it dont help to use a battery start pack. but maybe i have to put it directly on the battery instead of under the hood.. but i dont now??