Dinan Trans Chip
93 Octane Gas
Trans Setting: AD
Miles 1079
AVG. MPG from OBC: 17.4
AVG. MPH: 22.4
Temp: 70-80 Degrees F
Driving: Stop/Go; Suburban sprawl

Overall the AD setting works great in this type of driving. No flat spots. Very smooth shifting. You can hardly feel the gear change. The power is always there when and where you need it.

Switched over to S4 Trans. setting this weekend.

I had to run over to Orlando the other day and thought I'd see how the mileage was affected, so I did a point to point MPG run. It was 75 miles each way. After I got on the interstate, I reset the MPG computer to zero. Checked it when I got to my exit. It read 27.5 MPG at 70-80 Mph bumper to bumper. Same reading going back.

I am running S4 around town now. I'll have more figures after a few tankfuls.
It feels like a lot of fun. I'll go out and do the stoplight Grand Prix today.

I did notice surging at stop lights; felt like the idle rpm was surging just enough to kick in the trans.
I also have to very deliberately press on the accelerator when starting from a full stop otherwise Ill get that surging feel. I don't know if its caused by the Dinan trans. chip, or a combination of both.

I did experience this again today. I need to press very deliberately (much more so than when in AD) to get the car moving; if I don't, the car surges; feels like the trans. cant decide whether to get in gear or idle. (This is only when in S4)

Comparison with the JC Chip.

The JC opened up the mid and top end of the car's performance when compared to stock. From a dead stop, it would be the mild mannered stock feel, then kick in.

The EAT chip dramatically opened up the engine's entire range so that the power was available at all rpms, all speeds, no matter what driving style. The EAT Chip provides the smoothest and quickest shifting when compared to the JC or stock chip.

Five Stars for ya, Mark!!

I'm still pulling in data for:

AD miles on the highway
More S4 highway miles
S4 City miles
Need to run when the temp is higher than 80 degrees F. So far, it's been Chamber of Commerce weather. 69 degreesF to 79 degrees F.

Question for MarkD:

How low can I go on the octane?

Ramon
MBXB

Keith
04-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback Ramon.
It's been 9 days since Mark mailed my chip from Canada to me in California (SF/Bay Area) and I'm eagerly awaiting for it to get here (I hope it doesn't get lost in the "Black Hole" that Mark mentioned.)
I will give it a couple more days before I get worried.

Keith

MarkD
04-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback Ramon.
It's been 9 days since Mark mailed my chip from Canada to me in California (SF/Bay Area) and I'm eagerly awaiting for it to get here (I hope it doesn't get lost in the "Black Hole" that Mark mentioned.)
I will give it a couple more days before I get worried.

Keith

Hello Keith,

please email as soon as it arrives. I don't understand where the chips are going.

Thanks

Mark

Keith
04-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Hello Keith,

please email as soon as it arrives. I don't understand where the chips are going.

Thanks

Mark

Not today either, 10 days and counting! :(

Keith

Keith
04-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Not today either, 10 days and counting! :(

Keith

Nor today either, I'm starting to get a little nervous, 11 days! :(
I need this before Bimmerfest. :(

Keith

MarkD
04-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Nor today either, I'm starting to get a little nervous, 11 days! :(
I need this before Bimmerfest. :(

Keith

Hi Keith,

when is Bimmerfest? I'll send another if it does not arrive Monday. Is there mail delivery on Monday or is it a holiday in the USA for the post office?

Mark

Keith
04-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Hi Keith,

when is Bimmerfest? I'll send another if it does not arrive Monday. Is there mail delivery on Monday or is it a holiday in the USA for the post office?

Mark

Hi Mark,

The "original" Bimmerfest is in it's 4th year and is held in Santa Barbara, CA.
This year it will be held on Saturday May 1, we (Bay Bimmerz) will be leaving at 6:00am Friday the 30th for our trek down South.

This year they are having the "first" Bimmerfest in your beautiful Country and is to be held in Calgary, I will attached the thread from bimmerfest.com, the site I frequent most often, please join us over there sometime.

As far as the mail goes, I believe it's being delivered Monday, I haven't heard any different.
Believe me, you "will" know when it arrives.
How far are you from Calgary?
It would be awesome if you could attend this, pass on this info. :)

Keith (below is the Bimmerfest-"Canada" thread.

Bimmerfest 2004 - Calgary Alberta June 26, 2004: Bimmerfest goes International

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On June 26, 2004 the first ever official international Bimmerfest event will be held at Tunerworks in Calgary Alberta, Canada.

A little background on Tunerworks:

Tunerworks has been a pillar in the Canadian tuning community for many years; not just locally, but nationwide. They have built their reputation on quality service and competitive pricing on a vast selection of brands. Their staff is not just comprised of salespeople, but of automotive enthusiasts which makes their partnership with Bimmerfest a perfect fit.

Many thanks to Rob Leech and Tunerworks; who in addition to headlining the event, will also provide the venue, the food, and good music for all those choosing to come out and attend.

We have opened up registration for the event as of today and look forward to sharing the excitement leading up to the event in June.

Please be advised that space in the main lot is very limited (75 cars at this time with the possibility of more if the space permits) with additional space on the street in front. Therefore we must reserve main lot space on a "first registered, first served basis". Also the main lot will be reserved for BMW vehicles only.

Register for bimmerfest 2004 – Alberta, Canada today!

In the true form of Bimmerfest, the cost of attendance is your enthusiasm for the BMW marque.

A road rally is planned with the route to be yet announced. Vehicles of all marques are welcome to join in.

More information about the event will be forthcoming as plans are finalized. Please stay tuned to for all the latest information.

- The Bimmerfest.com Team

Keith
04-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Ok, I'm on the 13th day and no chip!
Mark, does this mean it was swallowed up by the "Back Hole"?

Keith

MarkD
04-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Ok, I'm on the 13th day and no chip!
Mark, does this mean it was swallowed up by the "Black Hole"?

Keith

Looks like it. I'll send a replacement tommorrow.

Mark

MarkD
04-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Hi Mark,

The "original" Bimmerfest is in it's 4th year and is held in Santa Barbara, CA.
This year it will be held on Saturday May 1, we (Bay Bimmerz) will be leaving at 6:00am Friday the 30th for our trek down South.

This year they are having the "first" Bimmerfest in your beautiful Country and is to be held in Calgary, I will attached the thread from bimmerfest.com, the site I frequent most often, please join us over there sometime.

How far are you from Calgary?
It would be awesome if you could attend this, pass on this info. :)

Keith

Hello Keith,
I am in Toronto and that is a long way from Calgary. It's probably cheaper to fly there than drive these days. Here is the distance:
Calgary-Toronto 3434km 2134mi

Mark

Keith
04-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Looks like it. I'll send a replacement tommorrow.

Mark

Mark, don't you think it would be wise to send it certified mail, or priority, something other than regular mail?
We can split the difference, there's got to be a way to get here "for sure"!
Let me know???????????

Keith :)

Keith
04-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Mark, don't you think it would be wise to send it certified mail, or priority, something other than regular mail?
We can split the difference, there's got to be a way to get here "for sure"!
Let me know???????????

Keith :)

Hey Mark, where'd you go, 15 days and counting. :(
What do you think of my idea?
UPS, something other than the USPS!

Keith

MarkD
04-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey Mark, where'd you go, 15 days and counting. :(
What do you think of my idea?
UPS, something other than the USPS!

Keith

Hi Keith,

I haven't been checking in here as I have to keep looking for contracts. Chip sales have ground to a halt. Not even 5 sales in the last 4 weeks.

Registered mail is no longer available outside Canada as of February.
I also found that XPRESSPOST shipments have been vanishing. The one I sent to Ken in Guam never arrived and it had a tracking number. The second chip I sent him also never arrived, he received an envelope that was open and had some burning on it. Caused by the mail scanner? :(

I have to go out now, will email you Thursday morning.

Mark

Keith
04-14-2004, 07:11 PM
So it sounds to me like it needs to go in a little box and shipped UPS.
Assuming you have UPS up North?
That box would be so light , that it would weigh (and cost) practically nothing.

Let me know, Keith

Ken from Guam
04-14-2004, 08:19 PM
hey Keith,

got this package from Mark and it was in a mid size envelope with built in insulation in it. it came to me all messed up and it was in a damaged plastic housing package from USPS in Honolulu Hawaii. it was burnt from the outside and the chip was no where to be found in the package. I'm thinking it was damaged in one of those scanning machines when it transited in Hawaii. you're right it should go in a box and i suggested to Mark to put an old shirt in it to as to protect the chip from the scanner. i dunno im just desperate to receive my chip already. been waiting for a while too ( paid for it March 10 2004). give it 3 days if you dont recieve your chip im sure its so badly damage to be shipped to you at all. I'm sure that's what happend to the 1st chip he sent out to me. update us with your chip arrival if anything. thanks

That box would be so light , that it would weigh (and cost) practically nothing.

Let me know, Keith

Keith
04-14-2004, 09:33 PM
hey Keith,

got this package from Mark and it was in a mid size envelope with built in insulation in it. it came to me all messed up and it was in a damaged plastic housing package from USPS in Honolulu Hawaii. it was burnt from the outside and the chip was no where to be found in the package. I'm thinking it was damaged in one of those scanning machines when it transited in Hawaii. you're right it should go in a box and i suggested to Mark to put an old shirt in it to as to protect the chip from the scanner. i dunno im just desperate to receive my chip already. been waiting for a while too ( paid for it March 10 2004). give it 3 days if you dont recieve your chip im sure its so badly damage to be shipped to you at all. I'm sure that's what happend to the 1st chip he sent out to me. update us with your chip arrival if anything. thanks

This is "very" disturbing Ken, I've had two private messages that told me basically that I was SOL, CHIP AND MONEY!
I/we will have to wait and see.
I'm hurting for money as it is, so this is not good!

Keith

MBXB
04-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Try Fedex or DHL.
I've sent stuff to Asia and never had a problem.
Those Homeland Security types must be ripping every envelope apart!!

MBXB
04-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Always, always insure for cost of the chip including the shipping.

Ken from Guam
04-14-2004, 10:04 PM
I talked to a lady from FedEx here in Guam and told her about the issue she told me the only way for the chip to be sent here undamaged is if he(Mark) package the chip real good. i ask her how much it would cost to ship the chip from Canada to Guam its a whopping $88 US International shipping cost(3 days). i'll try to post pics of the package i recieved i was so damn pissed i ripped it apart after taking pics. i used a regular cam though so ill process the film this weekend when i get off from work.

Keith if he's gonna send you another chip can you tell him to send 1 for me too? i was hoping you could send it to me then ill pay for all shipping cost if you dont mind. Canada to Guam seems to much for the chip to arrive here. maybe mainland to Guam will have better results. thanks

This is "very" disturbing Ken, I've had two private messages that told me basically that I was SOL, CHIP AND MONEY!

Keith

MarkD
04-14-2004, 10:51 PM

Let me know, Keith

Keith,

the reason I don't ship UPS is that all the couriers chage about $32 CDN for even an envelope and I don't think most people want to pay that for shipping. Also, when I ship that way I have to fill in forms indicating a value. And if I want to insure the chip for a high value, you will most likely have to pay duties and taxes on that value. I've had almost perfect delivery of the chips until around early February.

Mark

MarkD
04-14-2004, 10:56 PM

Keith

Keith, what exactly does that mean? Are you saying that 2 people said you won't receive a chip? If anyone ordered a chip and it didn't arrive, I have sent a replacement. If they have not received a chip they should have emailed me and said so.

Mark

Keith
04-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Keith, what exactly does that mean? Are you saying that 2 people said you won't receive a chip? If anyone ordered a chip and it didn't arrive, I have sent a replacement. If they have not received a chip they should have emailed me and said so.

Mark

All I can say is that the people that sent me the pm's I guarantee are reading this and can chime in anytime, or pm/email Mark again.
My thing at this point is that I'm not made of money (which some are) and only ordered the chip (at this time) was because of Bimmerfest in "two" weeks!
If I new there was a problem, I would of waited until money issues were not such a concern, it's now my problem (money issues)

Keith

Keith
04-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Keith,

the reason I don't ship UPS is that all the couriers chage about $32 CDN for even an envelope and I don't think most people want to pay that for shipping. Also, when I ship that way I have to fill in forms indicating a value. And if I want to insure the chip for a high value, you will most likely have to pay duties and taxes on that value. I've had almost perfect delivery of the chips until around early February.

Mark

Mark, that's fine, I was just trying to come up with a solution.

Keith :) :(

tim s
04-15-2004, 05:49 PM
after about 15 days with no arival mark shipped me another. 7 day later i recieved one chip, then 5 days later i recieved the second. i'm very pleased with the chip. i have had other electronic items shipped to me in pa. from canada & waited 4-6 weeks till the company shipped another because the item was returned to the sender. waiting for things from canada has tought me patience. i hope you recieve your chip soon.
tim s.

Keith
04-15-2004, 05:59 PM
after about 15 days with no arival mark shipped me another. 7 day later i recieved one chip, then 5 days later i recieved the second. i'm very pleased with the chip. i have had other electronic items shipped to me in pa. from canada & waited 4-6 weeks till the company shipped another because the item was returned to the sender. waiting for things from canada has tought me patience. i hope you recieve your chip soon.
tim s.

Hi Tim, Mark just pm'd me and suggested that he send another chip to you and have you send "that" chip to me.
The thing is, that sucks, I can't imagine the chip getting here before the 29th! :(
I guess I can just pray that the "original" chip will get here sooner and pass on the other chip to someone else out here on the West Coast.
(sending the $ to Mark of course)
Mark is "calling" me tonight to discuss things, Mark or myself will get back to you to figure things out.

Thanks, Keith

MarkD
04-16-2004, 07:39 AM
Hi Tim, Mark just pm'd me and suggested that he send another chip to you and have you send "that" chip to me.
The thing is, that sucks, I can't imagine the chip getting here before the 29th! :(
I guess I can just pray that the "original" chip will get here sooner and pass on the other chip to someone else out here on the West Coast.
(sending the $ to Mark of course)
Mark is "calling" me tonight to discuss things, Mark or myself will get back to you to figure things out.

Thanks, Keith

Correction, since Tim received two chips (original and replacement after original one took a long tome to arrive) Tim will send you the spare chip he has and you willl see it early next week.

Mark

Keith
04-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Sounds good, I got a PM from Tim, confirming it's on it's way, tracking # and all.
My fingers are crossed.

Thanks guys and I will most definitely post when it gets here and when I get it installed and tested.

Keith