PDA

View Full Version : New member here saying hi.

NJHokie
09-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Well after lurking a while and gathering a TON of information/research on e34's in general I finally bought one and felt like I could now join in on the fun here. A sweet 535iM popped up on ebay in my home state and I jumped on it.
Specs are: 1991, Manual, Blk/Blk, ASC, Mtech wing, Style 10's, illegal tint, and get this, only 58k miles on it! It's in really good shape inside and out. The paint needs to be clayed and rewaxed badly, engine needs to be degreased, interior is in good shape, the valves tick (go figure), some annoying electrical issues (radio, reverse lights), 55mph shake, but other than that, its a great car. I'll post some pics up from the PO and hopefully get time to detail the car soon and get some proper pics up for you all. Looking forward to annoying you all asking questions about how to do things, after searching first that is. :D

-Nick

winfred
09-02-2006, 10:05 PM
welcome to the asylum :D

genphreak
09-02-2006, 10:12 PM
welcome to the asylum :D Oooh Another very nice e34!

He's bitten Bad.

Sometimes I think that one day, all the e34 drivers will be on this board.

Welcome to the party bro!

KenB
09-03-2006, 06:06 AM
Another New Jerseyite? I'm in Jersey too...

What exit? (old joke, sorry:p )

Welcome...nice find.:D

NJHokie
09-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Another New Jerseyite? I'm in Jersey too...

What exit? (old joke, sorry:p )

Welcome...nice find.:D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I don't even know what exit to be honest! lol I'm up in Morristown. You Ken?

Evan
09-03-2006, 02:58 PM
welcome.. nice ride.. very nice

NJHokie
09-03-2006, 03:16 PM
welcome.. nice ride.. very nice

Thanks, just joined the BMWCCA through your link! :)
Was meaning to do that.

Elekta
09-03-2006, 03:37 PM
welcome,

just sold the wife's 535iA and we had a valve adjustment done before selling, and it was a night and day experience when we got it back. 121k miles, and indy said every one was out, when normally it's 2 or 3. Came back purring like a cat and pulling like a lion. Practically a mod....;)

careful with your degreasing...can be a little like russian roulette..no high pressure h2o

www.soundrepair.com for your headunit

Dazzanx
09-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi, Fellow E34 owners.

Anouther new newbie here, and I must say that I have never seen so many fine looking E34's as on this forum.

As a new owner of a 1992 520i (M50) and an exiting new project, I look forward to discussing idea's and technical issues with you experts and veteren owners of the E34.

I have no pictures yet, but as soon as I have some I will post them as soon as I can.

Looking forward to hearing you idea's on mods and styling.

Hello and Thanx

Evan
09-03-2006, 05:38 PM
good move.. you're gonna love Roundel mag, the discounts on parts, and the cool local club (and club license plates)

and it's a fact thet BMWCCA member get laid more than other car club members.. google it

Thayne
09-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Nice E34! Welcome to the forum! :D

KenB
09-03-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm on the south west side of the state, right across the Delaware from Philadelphia on the river in Palmyra. (just out of gunfire range);)

Morristown is a nice area, often confused with Moorestown which is right next to me. Voted #1 place in the country to live in some magazine recently. Somewhere in NJ best place to live, go figure.

NJHokie
09-03-2006, 09:54 PM
good move.. you're gonna love Roundel mag, the discounts on parts, and the cool local club (and club license plates)

and it's a fact thet BMWCCA member get laid more than other car club members.. google it

parts discount would be from? ... BMA? Dealer?

i'll have to see if the wife is alright with that last part...;)

530i...Thanks for the link, i'll check them out.
I just replaced the valve gasket and checked the valves. They all seemed to be in spec but I may have to go and run through them again more carefully because she's still ticking away. How exactly should the feeler gauge drag through the opening? slight resistance with some minimal drag?
Also, would you recommend a steam clean for the engine instead of a hose? i was going to cover up every electrical connection with plastic before cleaning.