PDA

View Full Version : Right Side Headlight (lows) not working?

fuzion
09-02-2006, 04:22 AM
Bit of a strange one, it seems that the right headlight has lost power and isnt getting any power sent over to it.

I thought it'd be the LKM as apparently the relay dies out but if i manually push the relay the left headlight gets power but right doesnt, other relays for fogs (front/rear) and highbeams also work just no right low beam headlight.

Any suggestions? And yes have checked fuses and also at fuse point for Right headlight is no power coming to it as well.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated guys.

jrobbo
09-02-2006, 07:59 AM
The solder joints on the relays in the LKM are notorious for being bad, best thing to do is just resolder the joints, and it should work OK. I've fixed 4 of these things now, and it's always been the same problem

John

DaveVoorhis
09-02-2006, 08:01 AM
I thought it'd be the LKM as apparently the relay dies out but if i manually push the relay the left headlight gets power but right doesnt
It's not usually the relays themselves that die, but the solder connections of the relays to the circuit board. I'd try resoldering the relays to the board. If that doesn't work, get out the voltmeter and start tracing.

fuzion
09-02-2006, 07:01 PM
The solder joints on the relays in the LKM are notorious for being bad, best thing to do is just resolder the joints, and it should work OK. I've fixed 4 of these things now, and it's always been the same problem

John

hey, yeah that was my initial thoughts so i yoinked it out and resoldered the joints on it again as you mentioned. chucked it in and still nothing happening.

the left side headlight works fine, rhd headlight not happening at all. and even fuse 11 i think it was or whatever it was isn't getting power to it either. So no actual power is getting there for some reason..

Any other suggestions?

Paul in NZ
09-02-2006, 07:13 PM
that means there is a fault at the switch or a break in the wire upstram of that fuse

fuzion
09-13-2006, 04:39 AM
paul,

yeah i figured that much. got the car for a few days so ill check it out hopefully soon.. give me a chance to put angel eyes in too i spose..