PDA

View Full Version : Rattle-proofing - Removing the Rear Decklid

SnakeyesTx
09-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Is there a trick to taking the decklid off or are the bolts or clips easily accessible from underneath in the trunk? The reason I ask is because my subs are making that decklid jump a good quarter inch or so with a little volume put to them and as far as I can tell, that's the only thing rattling (the trunk is nice and quiet, as is the rear license plate).

I'd like to take the decklid off and stick a 1/4" sheet of foam underneath it to keep it from jumping wildly and coming back down on the steel underneath making the noise. Pictorials of removal would be great if anyones got a link floating out there.

neil_004
09-01-2006, 12:58 PM
I'll assume you are talking about the package tray(over the trunk in the car). Take out the rear seat and you will find 3 pins that hold the front edge on. Take off the C-pillar covers and there are 2 plastic nuts on either side. Should come right out after that.
I think there is foam under there allready but some more wouldnt hurt.

Alexlind123
09-02-2006, 12:53 AM
The way it is fastened, it shouldnt move at all. I would remove it and make sure it is installed properaly and assure that it isnt broken,