PDA

View Full Version : did my injector nozzles today

skr
09-01-2006, 07:55 AM
i've been planing to do this for some time, but never got around to doing it. so i got my new nozzles, took out the injectors and tested them on a nice testing thing i borrowed. it's a hand operated high pressure pump with a guage that shows pressure. you connect the injector to a steel line and pump. it should spray at 180 bars (idle pressure). so the results were: 2 out of 6 pissing, 1 leaking , 2 spraying but not how they should. so i changed all 6 of them. naturaly 2 of those rubber return lines leaked after i mounted them , and i couldn't find them new anywhere so i got some new used ones from the wreckers. they cost me 1 beer :)
i mainly did the job for a smoother sounding idle and to get rid of a nasty knock. the results were great: smoother sounding idle, no more knock and most important significantly more low rpm power and significantly less WOT smoke if i flog it under 3k.
so, to all diesel guys out there, if you were thinking about doing your nozzles, do it.

BillionPa
09-01-2006, 11:27 PM
you should try the acetone trick too, 3oz for every 10 gals of diesel, gets rid of even more smoke, and keeps those injectors clean!