PDA

View Full Version : Carseat users...what are you using for infants and toddlers?

billb
08-29-2006, 09:07 AM
I've got an Eddie Bauer seat (from BJ's Wholesale, or someplace like that) and a Graco travel system base in the backseat of the 525, but there's no way to get them side by side. Are there any narrow base childseats out there that will allow me to get the Graco base to the center position, leaving the toddler seat by the right rear door? Currently I have the toddler seat at the right rear, and the infant base at the left rear, but would really like it in the center. Would not mind buying a new seat if it would help the situation. I was just curious what you guys/girls had that works. I can take photos if that would help.

Thanks! Loving this two kid thing. Marshall is such a good baby so far, and Web is really doing great with the baby.

tim s
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
the currently rear facing 3 position in the center & a matching booster next to it.
i know the infant seat is not the correct angle, but that is the only way it would fit. my is 13 months and i cannot turn around her seat since she is only 16 lbs & the seat specs the child to be 20-80 lbs for forward facing.
http://www.tntcomp.com/tim s/car seats.jpg
tim s.

Gearhead
08-29-2006, 09:42 AM
I realize your two are still too young for these, but I have my 4 and 6 year-old daughters in these. Picked them up at Target. They work great....easy in/out they have a guide for correct shoulder strap placement. The back is removable for when they get taller. Oh, and they both lay flat (one on top of the other) in my trunk, leaving plenty of room for luggage, groceries, tools, etc. when needed.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_7/601-2332243-1527331?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000E0IKS0

I ony wish our E34s had a shoulder strap for the rear center seat. Because they don't, every time my girlfriend and I get together with our kids (she has a 5 year-old) we have to take her Nissan.

Funny how things have changed. I remember riding in that little space behind the back seat of my mom's '65 VW Bug as a kid. No seat belt, airbag or concern for that matter. Just a fun little space to play when we were going places.

DABIMR
08-29-2006, 09:50 AM
I have a Graco in the same position as Gearhead's for my 10 month old son. It fits fine and the seat has an adjustable piece on the bottom to get the correct angle. You "raise" it for when their really infants and push it in when they get older so the back is less angled.

I wish the E34 had seat anchors instead of having to drag the seatbelt through the chair. Anyway, my drivers seat (when slightly reclined), provides the support for the side-to-side movement that the seat anchors would have reduced.

rreimund
08-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Wow.. that's pretty light for a 13 month old..
Maybe mine is just a big fatty.. she's 4 and a half months and she's about 14 lbs. She was about 6lb 7oz at birth.

As for the car seat question... I've got a Britax Boulevard in the infant, rear facing position in the center position of my E34. I pulled out the lap only belt to attach that.. But one thing I also have is that I have a center shoulder belt as well. I regretably haven't tried to get two seats in there (yet)

Qube
08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
When I need to have one in the future...

http://www.recarochildseats.com/images/skySport_big.jpg

Elekta
08-30-2006, 01:06 PM
I used the Prego snap and go for when they were infants.

Britax makes a black and silver kids seat, so of course I got that.

rreimund
08-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah.. Our Britax is the all black (to match my seats) one with the big side impact head supports..
it's a few mods short of it's own HANS device..

http://www.britaxusa.net/images/detail_boulevard.jpg

TheEndIsNear
08-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I had no problem putting 3 full size car seats across the back seat...

billb
08-31-2006, 06:42 AM
I had no problem putting 3 full size car seats across the back seat...

I cannot physically get the Eddie Bauer and the Graco to get together enough to put the Graco infant carrier on the center of the seat. I'm curious if there are narrower toddler seats that would enable a better fit, and sounds like you had success. I'd just like to know what you had!

attack eagle
09-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Let's see, I have used a Evenflo triumph 5, the baby carrier from evenflo, and another evenflo seat when my son outgrew the Triump by age 2 and a 1/2.

I haven't TRIED using all 3 (I only have one son and one on the way).

the one that takes up the most room is the travel system carrier, just becasue of the width of the handles.