PDA

View Full Version : my poor car!

bigtallsam
08-29-2006, 06:25 AM
at some point last night my car was broken into

they smashed the rear quarter then realising it was dead locked, smashed the rest of the rear window - climbed in and stole my radio damaging the dash whilst doing so

not happy

my only consolation (spelling?) is that the little bas**rd cut himself on the glas on the way in and left a nice dna sample which the police collected about 20 mins ago

if it would only stop raining i could get out there and start cleaning her up before the glass people come

:( :( :( :(

s

Qube
08-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Double-locked :) They were probably pissed and just had to grab something. Consider getting some tint done to help with the smash-and-grabs. Also, if you have an alarm, install another siren under the rear seat so they have to contend with it screaming at them whilst they 'work'.

Michael999
08-29-2006, 06:56 AM
I hope he gets caught.
And i also hope that he cant get that coded radio to work!

Is your insurance covering the whole lot?

bigtallsam
08-29-2006, 07:39 AM
insurance'll cover it but a neighbour is a glass dude so he's sorting it for me - nice chap!!

think i'll buy a radio myself

s

bigtallsam
08-29-2006, 01:18 PM
ok, just had the glass replaced and have finished hoovering/vacuming all the glass up and am nearly done putting the door trim back on....

i think i broke something

you know the top piece of the rear interior doot trim, sit's above the handle/ashtray/window switch that sits over the lock lever/pull?

when i removed the door card this pie came off seperately but i can't for the life of me figure out how it re-attatches?

it sits in place but wont stay in place and there doesn't seem to be anything to hold it in place or am i missing something like it was originally glued to the top of the door card?

apologies in advance if it's a stupid question, been up since 6am after finding my beems in a sorry state

s

Thayne
08-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Sorry to hear that. :( I hope they get caught soon.

Rus
08-29-2006, 02:54 PM
ok, just had the glass replaced and have finished hoovering/vacuming all the glass up and am nearly done putting the door trim back on....

i think i broke something

you know the top piece of the rear interior doot trim, sit's above the handle/ashtray/window switch that sits over the lock lever/pull?

when i removed the door card this pie came off seperately but i can't for the life of me figure out how it re-attatches?

it sits in place but wont stay in place and there doesn't seem to be anything to hold it in place or am i missing something like it was originally glued to the top of the door card?

apologies in advance if it's a stupid question, been up since 6am after finding my beems in a sorry state

s

Are you talking about the topmost black piece spanning the entire length of the door? I believe that is glued to the door panel. As far as I my experience tells me, it should not come out apart from the rest of the door panel. Also, this piece pops under the chrome trim along the glass. HTH

bigtallsam
08-29-2006, 04:58 PM
that's the bit!

think the adhesive must have perished over the years, after closer inspection i can see where the germans must have stuck it down with some glue or....

thanks for that

thought i was goin mad!, i was really carefull in removing the door card but that piece just came away seperately!

it's back on now but think i'll make it a bit more secure come the weekend

s

Thayne
08-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Did you get the windows fixed yet?

2fast
08-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Love that dead lock

Sorry to hear your baby was vioated

bigtallsam
08-30-2006, 11:25 AM
back on the road!

glass replaced and ok, had to reseat the rubber seals a little to stop some wind noise i was getting but other than that she's ok

thanks fellas

s

Thayne
08-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Glad to hear she is back on the road. Any luck with the police and that blood sample?

bigtallsam
08-30-2006, 01:35 PM
no but they did say "we'll ring u WHEN we hear something" rather than "if"

they sound hopeful

hope the catch the runt!

s

Thayne
08-30-2006, 01:39 PM
no but they did say "we'll ring u WHEN we hear something" rather than "if"

they sound hopeful

hope the catch the runt!

s

Me two. There are two things that I can't stand. Messing with someone's lady and messing with someone's car.