PDA

View Full Version : OT: Local Tragedy, 49 Dead.

HDhandyman
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm sure many saw on the national news today that 49 people were killed here this morning in a plane crash at Blue Grass International Airport. I was fortunate enough to not be affiliated with any of the passengers, but many here were not. Several couples---one headed for honeymoon, the daughter of a mother who was "bumped" moments before, a prominent University of Kentucky Dr., several horse owners, out of towners, etc.

It is a very sad day here.:(

The Bigfella
08-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Yeah - sorry to hear that one - wrong damn runway!

Michael999
08-28-2006, 06:34 AM
:(

shuriken
08-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Was on the news over here in the UK yesterday. Such a tragedy and maybe an ATC fault too.:( Thoughts to the familiess and friends.

Gayle
08-28-2006, 09:25 AM
I did an internet search on this yesterday after seeing this thread. I was surprised that it seemed to get more in depth coverage from foreign sources than US sources.

HDhandyman
08-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Right now, it's the only thing on the news here. CNN has done a couple of pieces about it. There will be a story tonight about trying to figure out what happened on the national news. This is the largest crash since 9/11.

Of course local news has tried to do a good job of covering this tragedy, but they're so unprofessional, and so ill equiped. Coverage is, at times, a joke.

Russell
08-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Hit me hard as one of my daughter's school mates died on that flight and I knew some of the other people from business.