PDA

View Full Version : passenger side window slipping

bimmer95
08-27-2006, 02:21 PM
i am a frequent window user, probably like up and down 3 - 4 times a day. but here recently my front passenger side window has seemed to stop working. it will go down fine, but when i push up on the console, it just makes like a repeated slipping noise and the window just sits there. i think there was another thread about something like this, and they said something about holding the button on the console and closing the door real hard. i dont much like slammin the doors of my car, but i tried it to no avail. im plannin on takin off the interior panel (thanks to http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/Maintenance/Body/DoorRemoval.htm) to take a look at whats goin on, but i want to know how to fix it when i have the pleasure of doing so. any ideas?

Rigmaster
08-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Hard to say for sure, but it could be one of those white plastic (nylon?) wheels that holds the regulator in the track at the bottom of the glass. I have a similar problem in my '92 525iT, but the glass doesn't go down very well, it usually does go up when I push the button.

Bret.

winfred
08-27-2006, 05:40 PM
slamming the door is to unstick a non functioning motor, it sounds like your regulator is striped (the teeth are ground off of the big gear) possible the plastic gear on the motor split but they usually don't move at all, a striped regulator will usually work fine till you get to the bad spot, if the window is stuck down you can probably get it closed by getting someone to pull up on the glass while you hit the switch

bimmer95
08-28-2006, 03:35 PM
slamming the door is to unstick a non functioning motor, it sounds like your regulator is striped (the teeth are ground off of the big gear) possible the plastic gear on the motor split but they usually don't move at all, a striped regulator will usually work fine till you get to the bad spot, if the window is stuck down you can probably get it closed by getting someone to pull up on the glass while you hit the switch
yea this is the only way to get the window closed if i do roll it down, is to push it up while holding the button. it will move in that case.

i havent had a chance to take off the panel yet, but when i do i'll check for that