PDA

View Full Version : My new steed....

shuriken
08-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Well after the crash the other week we went and 'upgraded' our car to an E39 528SEi 5 speed manual. Oooh how nice? Very! Alittle to sanitised compared to the E34's I've owned for 4.5 years but sits on the road real nice and suspension is firm but compliant, more how I wish the E34's had felt. Bank holiday here so can't get road tax till Tuesday(been parked up for 2 months on driveway) so had to savour the drive from old owners house to mine, only 5 miles but it'll do. Comes with 'Road Angel' blackspot and speed camera detector too :D and lifetime subscription, so happy with that.

One question though: filled up washer bottle and water came out behinf the front wheel, seems t have stopped now and level has remained. Is there an over flow or do I have a cracked bottle?

Jon K
08-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Nice car - I love the M52 motor - those things take turbo like they were made for it!

By the way is that a cloth interior in an E39!?

shuriken
08-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Er yeah it is.....:( I know undesirable and rare, but the car was good and i can live without the leather.... just. Missus likes it better than leather though?!

SharkmanBMW
08-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Nice... stick shift... enjoy!

How are you feeling since the crash?

shuriken
08-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Nice... stick shift... enjoy!

How are you feeling since the crash?

Cheers, feeling much better thanks. Sternum still aches, as to be expected but otherwise nearly back to normal. As we know things aren't always that simple, but luckily for me just a hefty shunt.
Feel better with a manual 'box, although those Tiptronic autos looked kinda good. Had just got used to an auto box, but driving is about up and down shifting, keeps the attitude of the car in better shape too in bends. Just want to get road tax so I can get out and drive.

nizmainiac
08-27-2006, 05:04 PM
looks nice, hope you're feeling better

specialguess
08-27-2006, 05:20 PM
That's a really nice car. I wish I could get a right hand drive in Canada.

Thayne
08-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Very nice ride! I was in a car accident about 4 months ago. Sucks but I got my first E34 out of the settlement, no complaints so far!

brosher
08-28-2006, 08:04 AM
My E34 dumped the first gallon of washer fluid onto the ground. Turned out that there was a disconnect in the tube about 1ft below the tank that had disconnected. If you are getting spray on the windshield this is not the problem, but if no spray at all even when fluid is in there this is likely the problem. Good luck and nice car!

ILoveMPower
08-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Man...

M52, E39, 5-spd, aaannndddddd cloth interior? You lucky bastard, very nice :)