PDA

View Full Version : Help! Doing Valve Cover Gasket

530iBall
08-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I have read all the posts here and downloaded procedures but I must be thick. I am trying to remove the black plastic enclosure that houses the wiring for the plugs but I can't get the #$%# thing off!. I've removed the two nuts the seem to be the only thing holding it down but it is on there good. This is a '95 530 i. Here are some pics. Yes, I know my engine compartment doesn't sparkle :)

632 Regal
08-26-2006, 11:09 AM
slide it up and off the brackets, the wires hold it down tight. just push it far enough out of the way to pull the valve cover off.

530iBall
08-26-2006, 11:22 AM
slide it up and off the brackets, the wires hold it down tight. just push it far enough out of the way to pull the valve cover off.
There's no sliding. I can't budge it. I've removed the injector clips. There must be another bolt somewhere

530iBall
08-26-2006, 11:34 AM
I have read all the posts here and downloaded procedures but I must be thick. I am trying to remove the black plastic enclosure that houses the wiring for the plugs but I can't get the #$%# thing off!. I've removed the two nuts the seem to be the only thing holding it down but it is on there good. This is a '95 530 i. Here are some pics. Yes, I know my engine compartment doesn't sparkle :)
Figured it out. There are two sets of clips. The tiny steel staple ones are the ones that had to come off. I took of the big black clips which didn't. Jeez

632 Regal
08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
took me 10 times as long to clean the valve cover gasket surface that it did to replace the intake gaskets. Grab a chair and a case of beer man.