PDA

View Full Version : exhaust part issues

rob101
08-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Does anyone know what the proper exhaust welding sleeve to attach the mid and rear mufflers for a 525i m50 looks like. BMA send me this flared one with 2 different diameters at the ends that doesn't really make alot of sense (both pipes to be joined are the same outer diameter )
also there is a threaded hole in the middle of the resonator. all i can say is wha? where do i get a plug from?

Yiorgos
08-25-2006, 02:03 AM
I was forced to reply to this thread by Rob101 in the #bimmer-info chat channel, so Hi Rob :D

PS. Don't know the answer to your questions, sorry!

rob101
08-25-2006, 02:03 AM
i am thinking the sleeve should look like this
http://www.autohausaz.com/secure/PartImages/18111723679.jpg
and the ones they sent me definitely don't!

rob101
08-25-2006, 06:18 PM
bump

genphreak
08-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Does anyone know what the proper exhaust welding sleeve to attach the mid and rear mufflers for a 525i m50 looks like. BMA send me this flared one with 2 different diameters at the ends that doesn't really make alot of sense (both pipes to be joined are the same outer diameter )
also there is a threaded hole in the middle of the resonator. all i can say is wha? where do i get a plug from?The hole is for adding a waste gate mate... makes a huge difference. I'd get onto the manufacturer... Did u get ANSA or something else? I thought those mufflers came with the pipes flared ready for accepting the resonator pipes without any other parts. Should be connect and weld... :) nick

rob101
08-26-2006, 10:00 AM
The hole is for adding a waste gate mate... makes a huge difference. I'd get onto the manufacturer... Did u get ANSA or something else? I thought those mufflers came with the pipes flared ready for accepting the resonator pipes without any other parts. Should be connect and weld... :) nick
nah man they were boysen, but the mufflers are marked eperbachter or whatever the stocko ones are. and no they aren't flared. anyway i sorted what the hole is seems to be a very odd thing in that it goes all the way through the centre of the resinator, looks like its sealed though.
but yeah you just have 2 pipes of the same diameter meeting and the real OEM diagram specifies welding sleeves http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD52&mospid=47375&btnr=18_0158&hg=18&fg=20