PDA

View Full Version : My Alarm Is Possesed!!!

saj3n
08-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Yesterday morning I got up at my usual 7am to move the car from the parking lot across the street to a closer spot to my house. I hop in the car, move it, park it, set the code, get out, lock it, arm the alarm, and go back to my house and sleep. 3 hours later my doorbell rings. It's one of the workers from the shop across the street. He came to tell me my alarm was going off. I peeked my head out of the doorway and hear this steady "Hooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkk" ... Not the usual "Honk, Honk, Honk" that is made when the alarm is set off.

Edit: Factory Alarm/Keyless Entry

I grab my keys and head outside, while walk towards the car I press the UL/DA (Unlock/Disarm) button on the remote... nothing happens. As I get closer, I hear the doors unlocking and locking each time I pressed the button, but the alarm still sounds. I opened the door, and sat in the drivers seat...... IT STOPPED!

I checked inside the car, turned it on to make sure everything was ok, it was, and prepared to leave the car. I sat forward and began to step outside the car. When my weight was transferred off of the seat, the alarm started to sound again. I put the key in the ignition, still sounds, started the car, still sounds. I sat back in the seat.... it stopped. So now i'm totally confused.

After sitting and pondering, I got up again hoping the alarm would stay off, it didn't. It began to sound. So I walked to the drivers side rear door, open it, and pull up on the seat (in order to disconnected the alarm module), once I pulled the seat up. The alarm stopped. It hasn't started back up, on its own, since then. (I am still riding with one half of the rear seat up). I am able to lock, unlock, arm, and disarm without a problem.

Does anyone know what would cause this to happen? I could see maybe if it was once the car was turned off, or turned on after the night. But the car had been moved, and parked for 2.5 hours before the alarm started going off.

(i apologize for length)

Qube
08-24-2006, 04:52 PM
It's the way of your car telling you it loves you... and not to leave the seat.

nizmainiac
08-24-2006, 05:14 PM
get a priest :)

saj3n
08-24-2006, 06:21 PM
lol! sounds about right

wingman
08-25-2006, 02:23 AM
I have motion sensors in my car from the (expensive) after market alarm. They are so sensitive that if someone parks next to my car the alarm goes off. I can't use it as a result. I've got the factory fitted one but it's a PITA. I HATE alarms. I'm glad someone else feels my pain.