PDA

View Full Version : "error message screen" reconfiguration

mzarifkar
08-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Excuse the complete lack of technical wording in the title, but today for the first time ever!! i have no more warnings on the dash, my ceramic brake job finished it off, and now i have discovered that you can toggle trough various OBC data such as avg mph, range, timers etc etc.. my question: is it possible to select which features you get on your display? I would much rather have avg MPG on there than timers.

Thanks in advance

and the ceramic brakes are awesome!

KenB
08-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Yes, there is a way to program what comes up on the display and in what order. I just can't remember the sequence of buttons to push at the moment.

If someone doesn't answer your question, I will check my owner's manual when I can and post the instructions.

KenB
08-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Press the turn signal lever in for 3 seconds until the PROG 1 display appears (on the OBC: P 1)

Press the desired information button ( to alternate between AVG MPG 1 and 2, press the unit measurement change over switch after the AVG MPG button) the same procedure apllies to the date and switch on time 2 inputs.

Press the S/R key.

To cancel info, press turn signal in for 3 secs until PROG 1 appears.
Press the S/R key.

The Check Control warnings take precedence over OBC info.

mzarifkar
08-23-2006, 04:34 PM
ok so it is possible! i checked the book and heres how you do it:

push in your turn indicator stalk for 3 seconds untill PROG 1 appears on screen
on the computer press all the buttons that you want to appear on the dash screen if you want MPG 1 and 2 press the button twice, finish of with S/R button

Edit: Thanks!! you beat me to it :)

KenB
08-23-2006, 04:39 PM
LOL - you got it!

Dr. Bimmer
08-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm sure this was already answered in a previous thread...iirc