PDA

View Full Version : Thank you !!!

MTV
08-23-2006, 01:56 PM
First of all I would like to thank all of the members who have contributed endless amounts of information and advise that makes DIY repairs much easier.

As of last week I thought I would have to fork out a ton of cash to have the whole front suspension fixed due to the dreaded shimmy. The usual suspects were ready to be ordered from BMA (Thrust arms, tie rods, center link,etc...) but after doing some research and applying the recommendations given by the members of this forum all is well.

It turned out that the initial set of hub-centric rings I purchased on Ebay were not up to par. They were made of aluminum but of a lesser quality (Thinner) and the height of it compared to the new ones were a bit off (Shorter). So stay away from these and instead go to The Tire Rack and order part number A670. They are far more superior and cost $3 a piece plus shipping. You will not find it listed on their site so you will have to call in the order yourself. I then had the wheels balanced and made sure that all the bolts were tighten correctly. Now she runs as smoothly as the day I got her. Now there is no more shimmy at all during the dreaded 50-60 mph range and more important a ton of money has been saved which I can now put to use on important suspension upgrades I have on my list such as springs and shocks.

Again a big Thank You to everybody. :D

E34 530
08-23-2006, 02:20 PM
I had the same problem with the ebay rings. I wound up getting the tires balanced 3 times on the Roadforce (resulted in a leaking gas tank) got the tirerack ones and now they are fine.