PDA

View Full Version : Chip for '95 530?

New Owner 95 E34
08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Does anyone know if the folks at Enhanced Automotive Technology have a perfomance chip for 95 530's? I don't see my DME (or one even CLOSE to it- 0-162-203-484) listed on their site, but was hoping that maybe the list is just in need of a little updating?! :( I've tried e-mailing EAT with the same question, but haven't received a reply yet, so I figured, "those folks on bimmer.info are WICKED smart! I bet they would know about it if one existed!"

I already saw the thread about the chip for the 530iA that is supposed to be coming out soon, but, as my signature says, I'm "new to the family"- not sure if the iA chip would be the same as the i chip... even though I suspect it would not be.

I know that EAT chips seem to be "top of the pile", but if they don't have an application for my car, does anyone know of anyone who does? I've been searching for a while now with no luck.

Thanks!

P.S. Been a member of the forum for just a week or so now, and I've already repaired a non-functioning rear window and several other small items on my car that I was dreading having to take the car in for. This place is FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with NOOBEES like me!

632 Regal
08-22-2006, 08:30 PM
email Mark, I have been waiting myself to do the preliminary testing of the new chips.

RobE34
08-23-2006, 02:59 AM
This might help
http://www.powerchipgroup.com/interact/datasheets/datasheets_two.asp?pid=Bmw0038

BigKriss
08-23-2006, 03:59 AM
NOOO. Powerchips are way overpriced, get the EAT one.

New Owner 95 E34
08-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Thanks gents. I'll look in to the power chip also, but I've heard SO much good stuff about EAT already! Since I have not heard back from the EAT folks yet (I believe it actually was Mark that I e-mailed several times already), do you have any idea how long it will be until the EAT chip will be available to the "public"??

Thanks again!

632 Regal
08-23-2006, 10:35 AM
I am currently running the new EAT chip prototype, it doesnt have much low end improvement (compared to the JC chip) but at 4000+ it pulls harder and harder to redline, big smile. It's much better than the stock chip but we are going to test a couple different varients via laptop to the rom chip. All I'm waiting for is the rom line so I can connect the laptop to the ECM and test the newer files and make a determination from there.

New Owner 95 E34
08-23-2006, 02:26 PM
I am currently running the new EAT chip prototype, it doesnt have much low end improvement (compared to the JC chip)

Hmmm..... [pauses.... scratches head... raised eyebrow]... bummer. Low end improvement was definately the #1 thing I was hoping for. :(

Guess I'll just wait a while and hope the low end gets better as the testing continues?!

MarkD
08-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Hmmm..... [pauses.... scratches head... raised eyebrow]... bummer. Low end improvement was definately the #1 thing I was hoping for. :(

Guess I'll just wait a while and hope the low end gets better as the testing continues?!

When the 530iA chip is released, it will have an improvement in the lower ened and you will like it. I had expected it to be out by now but it's not. Now I am working 5 days a week at a client's site and don't have much time to deveop it, but will send some equipment to Jeff soon so he can log data and email it to me, basically I'll tune his car remotely.

This will probably happen in September.

Mark

Elekta
08-23-2006, 09:56 PM

Mark

uh huh
;)

632 Regal
08-23-2006, 10:02 PM
hopefully sooner as winter fuel is upon us, maybe you can make a winter and summer chip.

When the 530iA chip is released, it will have an improvement in the lower ened and you will like it. I had expected it to be out by now but it's not. Now I am working 5 days a week at a client's site and don't have much time to deveop it, but will send some equipment to Jeff soon so he can log data and email it to me, basically I'll tune his car remotely.

Mark

New Owner 95 E34
08-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Ok! Thanks Mark! Remote tuning... crazy what you can do with computers these days. I'll wait (somewhat) patiently to see what the results are!

MarkD
08-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Ok! Thanks Mark! Remote tuning... crazy what you can do with computers these days. I'll wait (somewhat) patiently to see what the results are!

I've tuned motors for Jim Rowe (Metric Mechanic) remotely, and the results have been great!

Some of the motors I tuned for them are:

- s50b30 bored/stroked to 3.2 and with higher CR

- m42 (1.8l) bored/stroked to 2.2 and with higher CR

- m20 bored/stroked to 3.2 and with higher CR (around 11.3:1) <-- this is for Jim's son Teddy.

Mark

632 Regal
08-26-2006, 09:18 PM
just got to get-er-done!

e34musician
09-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Newbie, but I'm in for this 530 M60 EAT chip :) . It's already September. Any test result, Jeff, Mark?

BillionPa
09-08-2006, 12:05 PM
what would be really cool if a chip could be made with a remote dip switch or something to engage an "economy" mode, basically turn it back to stock.

that would probably require some sort of modification do the DME.

e34musician
09-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Jeff or MarkD.

Any update on 530ia EAT chip experiment? I am anxiously waiting to see it comes out. Sorry to keep bugging you. I hate to go for JC chip for now and swap it out later. Thanks.

Pete

632 Regal
09-27-2006, 06:41 PM
nope, no info no equip to read chips.

Too bad because we have more 530s here than ever before.

Jeff or MarkD.

Any update on 530ia EAT chip experiment? I am anxiously waiting to see it comes out. Sorry to keep bugging you. I hate to go for JC chip for now and swap it out later. Thanks.

Pete