paste this: ncr multipart forms

can you find my site?

:D :D :D

Thank you Stuart! (Omega)

Bimmerman
08-22-2006, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=632 Regal]can you find my site?

:D :D :D QUOTE]

Came in first place on the Oz google page... ;)

Macv
08-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Nice! type "failure" and click "im feeling lucky"

Bill R.
08-22-2006, 03:06 PM
dogpile, 12th on altavista, didn't show at all on mamma , 9th on yahoo, didn't show at all on the first 10 pages on msn, 12th on all the web, not in the first 100 on hotbot, not in the first 50 on vivisimo, not in the first 5 pages of A9, not on the first five pages of alexa

open google

can you find my site?

632 Regal
08-22-2006, 03:12 PM
whew...
dogpile, 12th on altavista, didn't show at all on mamma , 9th on yahoo, didn't show at all on the first 10 pages on msn, 12th on all the web, not in the first 100 on hotbot, not in the first 50 on vivisimo, not in the first 5 pages of A9, not on the first five pages of alexa

nothing like shitting all over my little parade ;)

nizmainiac
08-22-2006, 03:19 PM
came up 4th here in the u.k.

saj3n
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Nice! 1st! Do tell... I need to have a few sites near the top.

632 Regal
08-22-2006, 04:18 PM
pm Stuart (Omega), he IS the man!

http://www.tecniche.co.uk/index.htm

Yiorgos
08-22-2006, 05:14 PM

The methods of making your site appear more higher up google searches and such is called Search Engine Optimization (SEO for short).

There is so much information about SEO, it's not funny. Since Google is the most used search engine in the world at the moment, most of the information out there is focused on increasing your Google results. There is no one method of increasing this, and multiple techniques is usually more rewarding.

I would tell you some good SEO techniques, but to tell you the truth it's my business partner that knows all the ins and outs of SEO (we both run a web development business). I just basically know what SEO is :D

Zeuk in Oz
08-22-2006, 05:32 PM
open google

can you find my site?

"ncr multipart forms" (with quotation marks) didn't come up at all !

One day all this will become clear to me - or perhaps I will just die and not have to worry about it any more.

SharkmanBMW
08-22-2006, 05:41 PM
first on google canada.

Omega
08-23-2006, 02:24 AM
didn't show at all on mamma , didn't show at all on the first 10 pages on msn, 12th on all the web, not in the first 100 on hotbot, not in the first 50 on vivisimo, not in the first 5 pages of A9, not on the first five pages of alexa

Fair enough, not in MSN for this term. On MSN the most competetive term is "carbonless form" without the quotes: clicky (http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=carbonless+forms&geovar=56&FORM=REDIR)

I think that you will find that we are THIRD. :D The site is optimised for the most appropriate keywords for each of the main search engines.

Finally:
>100 on hotbot - not in the first 50 on vivisimo - not in the first 5 pages of A9

Are you serious? Really who uses these as search engines? If you rank in the big 3 (G,Y,M) then you will catch 80-90% of web enquiries. To be truthful I have never heard of vivisimo or A9 so it shows how "vital" a good ranking on these are.

This would be along the lines of the "submit to thousands and thousands of search engines for $50" approach. Teriffic. Name them. All of them. Go on. Do it now...

> not on the first five pages of alexa
Now this is hardly surprising now is it? Do you know the traffic volume you need to generate to get this high? Weekly traffic of tens-of-thousands of visitors.

Hell, if I could get 10% of the traffic needed for a 5th page Alexa rank and convert 50% into sales both Jeff and I could retire in a month. :D

#####################

Zeuk in Oz

If you search for ncr multipart forms you will get results based on pages that have these individual terms as keywords. That is the text could say " ncr blah blah blah multipart blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah forms" and still return a positive result.

If you search for "ncr multipart forms" with quotes then the term has to appear as you have typed. That is the text must say "blah blah blah ncr multipart forms blah blah"

Unless you are searching for a specific term - "hot babes", "dentist in miami" or "Ski-ing Lessons for Elephants in Norfolk" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=active&q=%22Ski-ing+Lessons+for+Elephants+in+Norfolk%22) it is best to do a general search without the quotes.

RobE34
08-23-2006, 02:47 AM
Came up first for me in sunny Queensland. Doesn't say much for the Aussie printers.
It's all done with mirrors I think Zeuk:D

Paul in NZ
08-23-2006, 03:02 AM
1st in NZ on google,4th if you type ncr multipart form

Omega
08-23-2006, 03:19 AM
It's all done with mirrors I think Zeuk:D

Smoke and mirrors I'll have you know :D .. I happen to have a large bottle of Lucas wiring loom smoke at home. Use it to add authenticity to your 1960's British "sports" car...

Zeuk in Oz
08-23-2006, 04:25 AM
Zeuk in Oz

If you search for ncr multipart forms you will get results based on pages that have these individual terms as keywords. That is the text could say " ncr blah blah blah multipart blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah forms" and still return a positive result.

If you search for "ncr multipart forms" with quotes then the term has to appear as you have typed. That is the text must say "blah blah blah ncr multipart forms blah blah"

Unless you are searching for a specific term - "hot babes", "dentist in miami" or "Ski-ing Lessons for Elephants in Norfolk" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=active&q=%22Ski-ing+Lessons+for+Elephants+in+Norfolk%22) it is best to do a general search without the quotes.

I do actually realise this, however given that the 3 words sounded like they would be used together, I was surprised that Jeff's site didn't come up at all.

In other words, what I was expecting was that his site would be selected either way and I was surprised when it wasn't.

The Bigfella
08-23-2006, 04:26 AM
No more discussion about smoke thank you - my (English-powered) genset on the boat caught fire on Sunday - and I'm talking flames, not just smoke. Pulled the covers off and cranked it again today - sparks then flames again. Methinks I better do something to it. Dunno what. Will figure that one out tomorrow.

Omega
08-23-2006, 06:41 AM
In other words, what I was expecting was that his site would be selected either way and I was surprised when it wasn't.

That is a very valid point, however research suggests that most people when searching for generalised terms (such as photocopy paper, vacuum cleaner, free beer and wild women) do not tend to enquote the terms.

Further investigation has led me to find that google.co.uk has NO returns for the quoted term "ncr multipart forms"..........
Where as searching "multi part NCR form" in quotes returns as #1 it's just due to semantics.

However, thank you for your comment Zeuk. It's given me something further to think about.

###########

The Bigfella I hope you paid for the smoke-to-flame upgrade on the Generator. That option usually attracts a surcharge of £75. :)

Bill R.
08-23-2006, 08:04 AM
from here on all the search engines that i might typically use. A friend of mine routinely does this a couple of times a week , but then again he's also bidding daily for ranking too. I use all of these search engines, if i can't find what i'm looking for on google, i go down the list one by one and i'm not even computer literate. I suspect that many people who use firefox and the groowe toolbar do the same thing. Just trying to help. If you don't want me to check , just say so and i won't waste my time in the future.

Finally:
>100 on hotbot - not in the first 50 on vivisimo - not in the first 5 pages of A9

Are you serious? Really who uses these as search engines? If you rank in the big 3 (G,Y,M) then you will catch 80-90% of web enquiries. To be truthful I have never heard of vivisimo or A9 so it shows how "vital" a good ranking on these are.

Now this is hardly surprising now is it? Do you know the traffic volume you need to generate to get this high? Weekly traffic of tens-of-thousands of visitors.

Bill R.
08-23-2006, 08:11 AM
the search engine that i most frequently find what i'm looking for is Dogpile rather than google

from here on all the search engines that i might typically use. A friend of mine routinely does this a couple of times a week , but then again he's also bidding daily for ranking too. I use all of these search engines, if i can't find what i'm looking for on google, i go down the list one by one and i'm not even computer literate. I suspect that many people who use firefox and the groowe toolbar do the same thing. Just trying to help. If you don't want me to check , just say so and i won't waste my time in the future.

Finally:

Omega
08-23-2006, 08:42 AM
the search engine that i most frequently find what i'm looking for is Dogpile rather than google

Bill, thanks for your input. It all helps.

I am so used to people saying "well yes. You are #1 on Google and Yahoo but what about on the ABCXYZ search engine" which is usually one of the "10,000 search engines" that you can be listed on for $50 that I have become a bit too thick skinned when people mention engines outside of the big 3.

Thank you for taking the time to check across the other SE's but I am sure that you will appreciate most web traffic is driven by Google/MSN/Yahoo and it is these engines that the site is currently targetted for.

At the end of the day you have to aim for the popular engines and if you pick up a single hit from dogpile or A9 then all well and good but 1000 hits a day from Google tip the balance in Googles favour.

Once again, I did not intend to offend you.

/edit
BTW search "carbonless ncr form" on dogpile - no quotes.
I get 18th, not bad especially as 12 of the sites listed above thecitypress are paid for adverts (sponsored results)

"carbonless forms" also 18th with 13 sponsored links above the position.

Regals Slut
08-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Bill, thanks for your input. It all helps.

I am so used to people saying "well yes. You are #1 on Google and Yahoo but what about on the ABCXYZ search engine" which is usually one of the "10,000 search engines" that you can be listed on for $50 that I have become a bit too thick skinned when people mention engines outside of the big 3.

Thank you for taking the time to check across the other SE's but I am sure that you will appreciate most web traffic is driven by Google/MSN/Yahoo and it is these engines that the site is currently targetted for.

At the end of the day you have to aim for the popular engines and if you pick up a single hit from dogpile or A9 then all well and good but 1000 hits a day from Google tip the balance in Googles favour.

Once again, I did not intend to offend you.

/edit
BTW search "carbonless ncr form" on dogpile - no quotes.
I get 18th, not bad especially as 12 of the sites listed above thecitypress are paid for adverts (sponsored results)

"carbonless forms" also 18th with 13 sponsored links above the position.

GREAT JOB and I also wanted to Thank You SO MUCH for helping Jeff out. Your an AWSOME GUY and we will ALWAYS remember what you did. You TRULY are a TRUE FRIEND!!!!!!!!:)

SharkmanBMW
12-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Jeff, FYI... 5 yrs later, you are still the #1 result on Google Canada!

632 Regal
12-15-2011, 06:44 PM
This is good, I just need orders now.

How you been Sharkman?

SharkmanBMW
12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Not too shabby up here in Canada, getting kind of nipply out, though lol
How about yourself?
How is the car, still riding the e34?

I see a couple here now & then, most are deceased from the salt & snow, but a few. Sexy cars, miss mine - the power anyways, NOT the repairs! Big mistake buying a V8, but gotta love the power, :)
A garage I go to has a 6 spd e39 540i for sale, $7k!! Looks nice, kind of tempting, but my 330xi keeps me busy, maybe in spring if they still have it I will reconsider it for a summer fling lol

Does this site have a Facebook page?? Great way to reach e34 owners ;)

632 Regal
12-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Facebook, good idea there!

Yep still driving the E34, 240 something K now and not 1 V8 related problem. Not many around here now, might see 1 every month or 2 on the road.