PDA

View Full Version : Remote Re-program DIY

1995 525i
08-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey everyone!
In the past I have had some posts about my keyless entry and how it would work one week then stop working for no reason. I would take out the chip and change the battery to no avail.
Anyway, thanks to Bruno's site I found how you can reprogram the remote yourself.
It was easy and it worked. As soon as I did it, my keyless entry worked like a charm. (For all of you that already know how to do this, just ignore this post. :) )

Here's what I did:

Took the chip out of the remote.
Took the bottom, back seat out and took out the black alarm box.
Took off the back off (looks like the back to your tv remote).
Placed the chip from the remote in a slot in the main unit (slot looks just like the one in your remote where the chip goes).
Turn your key one position.
Go back to the black box and press the little black button beside the chip slot for 10 seconds.
Take the keys out of the ignition then put the chip back in the remote.

That's it!

It was easy and it worked. So if your keyless entry hasn't worked well in the past, try this.

Good Luck,

Michael

Jehu
08-21-2006, 10:39 AM
You da man! Is this what the dealership was going to do if i ever brought it in?

Well now that i looked i don't see anything like what you've described so must be elsewhere.I guess though one of the two modules i did find are where the EAT will go when i get around to grabbing one..

1995 525i
08-22-2006, 01:02 PM
You da man! Is this what the dealership was going to do if i ever brought it in?

Well now that i looked i don't see anything like what you've described so must be elsewhere.I guess though one of the two modules i did find are where the EAT will go when i get around to grabbing one..

My keyless entry box is under my back seat on the opposite side of where my battery is (should be similiar in yours). I think the stealer charges $150 to reprogram your remote. T

Michael

tim s
08-22-2006, 02:05 PM
involve pulling a chip or the bacl seat.
it is done from the driver seat.
if you need me to i will look it up.
tim s.

bbig119
08-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Do you guys have the EWS I system? The remote is built into the key?

I've half looked when the seat has been off in the back before and haven't seen the box you describe. Its very confusing since there are more than three types of keyless/alarm systems and I've always thought that these procedures described were mainly for the earlier versions and not the '94/'95 with early EWS. Still its well worth another look under the seat, thanks.

1995 525i
08-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Do you guys have the EWS I system? The remote is built into the key?

I've half looked when the seat has been off in the back before and haven't seen the box you describe. Its very confusing since there are more than three types of keyless/alarm systems and I've always thought that these procedures described were mainly for the earlier versions and not the '94/'95 with early EWS. Still its well worth another look under the seat, thanks.

This is the one I have
http://www.bavauto.com/assets/imglib500/82111468755.jpg

Part number 82 11 1 468 755 .

Hope this helps.

Michael

bbig119
08-23-2006, 08:42 AM
That's different than what I've got. So much for hoping...still gotta go to the stealer when I get the motivation to see if they can "reset" the system.