PDA

View Full Version : Shimmering

begeta50
08-20-2006, 10:50 PM
My 525i is shimmering every time I hit the breaks and it does not matter what the speed is. Can someone tell me how can I fix this problem.

aston_jag_tech
08-20-2006, 11:00 PM
My 525i is shimmering every time I hit the breaks and it does not matter what the speed is. Can someone tell me how can I fix this problem.

I still have a little shimmy in mine right now.

I replaced the front suspension parts that are common. The strut guide was trashed so I replaced that which helped body roll and wonder.

But! I had a light shimmy in the wheel accelerating up to and past 55-65. Dangerously scary shimmy while braking at 65 and 50mph. I didnt have a chance this weekend to check my front rotors runout spec. I did check the suspension fasteners though, all good.

So maybe after work tomarrow I will check alignment and rotor runout. Strange thing is I do not feel pulsation in the brake pedal though.

I really want to check alignment though because of the strut mount replacement and I have a little outer tire wear. Im thinking it may be toe in too much. I was told that a toe out situation will cause a wonder(not severe) but noticeable at times.

So I guess you can start with those possibilites. Good luck
:D
-Scott

jjdickm
08-21-2006, 02:41 AM
Start by checking the rotors, then move to you common front suspension pieces I had an issue with my upper control arm.