PDA

View Full Version : My weekend activities...

Mr Project
04-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Just had to share this story. I posted it as a 'kill' on bf.c. :)

Sometimes I love being a weirdo. Yesterday was one of those times.

We were doing some yard de-construction yesterday, removing large bushes that had been slowly taking over the front yard for the last 20 years. My wife, my friend Justin, and I got the branches cut off, and then started digging the stump out when Justin said something like this:

Justin: "Man, I wish we had a Duramax Diesel to pull this stump out"
Me: "Well, I have the F-150, but it's not here right now..
(glances up at driveway)
(spots BMW)
(remembers that BMW has hefty tow hook in rear bumper)
Me: "I'll go get the chains"
My wife: "I'll go get the camera"
Justin: "Woo Woo!"

So, we backed the BMW up to the edge of the driveway and started hooking it up. At this point, the guy in the delivery truck who is delivering water to my neighbor's house decides that we just can't live without his wisdom.

Delivery guy: "You know you're gonna pull the rear end outta that car! It would take a 1-ton truck to pull that out!"
Me: "Thanks, not too worried about it"
(it's a tow hook! I'm not looping the chain around the bumper or the axle or something!)

So, under the careful supervision of the delivery guy who has decided to sit in his truck and watch this process, we continue digging the stump out until it becomes obvious that the stump will pull out without taking half of my yard along with it.

And now the moment of truth. I get in the BMW, roll forward to tighten the chain, and start to let the clutch out. I decide to just slip it a bit and then drop it the rest of the way to prevent burning the clutch out...

BMW: "Chirp, chirp, chirp" (LSD works!)
Stump: "Whoooosh"..... right up out the hole, no problem.
Us: High-fives and woo-hooing all around
Delivery guy: Fires up the truck and roars away, refusing to make eye contact.

So the scorecard reads... BMW 5-series 1, Bush stump 0. And I submit this to the "Most creative euro-redneck use of a 535i in 2004" category.

Never doubt the stump-pulling torque of the M30! :D :D :D

632 Regal
04-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Lmao!

Jason
04-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Just had to share this story. I posted it as a 'kill' on bf.c. :)

Sometimes I love being a weirdo. Yesterday was one of those times.

We were doing some yard de-construction yesterday, removing large bushes that had been slowly taking over the front yard for the last 20 years. My wife, my friend Justin, and I got the branches cut off, and then started digging the stump out when Justin said something like this:

Justin: "Man, I wish we had a Duramax Diesel to pull this stump out"
Me: "Well, I have the F-150, but it's not here right now..
(glances up at driveway)
(spots BMW)
(remembers that BMW has hefty tow hook in rear bumper)
Me: "I'll go get the chains"
My wife: "I'll go get the camera"
Justin: "Woo Woo!"

So, we backed the BMW up to the edge of the driveway and started hooking it up. At this point, the guy in the delivery truck who is delivering water to my neighbor's house decides that we just can't live without his wisdom.

Delivery guy: "You know you're gonna pull the rear end outta that car! It would take a 1-ton truck to pull that out!"
Me: "Thanks, not too worried about it"
(it's a tow hook! I'm not looping the chain around the bumper or the axle or something!)

So, under the careful supervision of the delivery guy who has decided to sit in his truck and watch this process, we continue digging the stump out until it becomes obvious that the stump will pull out without taking half of my yard along with it.

And now the moment of truth. I get in the BMW, roll forward to tighten the chain, and start to let the clutch out. I decide to just slip it a bit and then drop it the rest of the way to prevent burning the clutch out...

BMW: "Chirp, chirp, chirp" (LSD works!)
Stump: "Whoooosh"..... right up out the hole, no problem.
Us: High-fives and woo-hooing all around
Delivery guy: Fires up the truck and roars away, refusing to make eye contact.

So the scorecard reads... BMW 5-series 1, Bush stump 0. And I submit this to the "Most creative euro-redneck use of a 535i in 2004" category.

Never doubt the stump-pulling torque of the M30! :D :D :D