PDA

View Full Version : 1994 525I Aftermarket CD problems, please help

WillDV
08-20-2006, 12:28 AM
OK, I went to the dealership to have them remove the OEM radio and I purchased a wiring harness for my aftermarket CD player. Now everything has been wired up properly according to the harness schematic, and my CD player schematic. The CD player turns on according to the ignition position which is good, and everything seems to be working fine with one minor problem. No sound comes out of the speakers. ANY IDEAS??? Is there some sort of OEM amp that I need to wire into??

632 Regal
08-20-2006, 12:33 AM
do a search, this has been covered extensivly.

brosher
08-20-2006, 09:09 AM
The short of it is you need to disconnect and tape off all the negative speaker wires.

Go here and look under Upgrades/Stereo/New Radio for more info:
http://bmwe34.net

WillDV
08-22-2006, 12:37 PM
thanks for the posts guys. I sorted it all out, because i've got the premium audio system, theres an amp for the speakers, i wasn't turning on the amp from the deck, once I connected the amp wire to power, all was good.

saj3n
08-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Yup, same problem happened to me. (Found out after exchanging the deck twice). Crazy thing is that the CD player would not play audio, but the stereo would. I ended up eliminating the amplifier all together, as the deck itself has 55w per channel.

DanDombrowski
08-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Same here. Those universal connectors circuit city sells are wired incorrectly. They connect the power antenna remote wire to the trunk amp wire. Radio works fine (because the antenna should be up), but CD player does not. Pretty sure I've posted the solution a few times.