PDA

View Full Version : help with fuel injector removal

Chip
08-18-2006, 05:24 PM
need a tip for removing the wiring harness connectors from the injectors for a m30 engine- bentley is not much help on this.
have tried rocking the wiring channel from side to side while pulling up with some force- nothing seems to be releasing :(

nizmainiac
08-18-2006, 05:27 PM
take the clips off the top of the injectors

Chip
08-18-2006, 05:33 PM
there doesn't seem to be much room on the valve cover side of the harness to access the clips-

MBXB
08-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Try spraying some Radio Shack contact cleaner/lubricant on the connectors, then work them loose.

Chip
08-19-2006, 08:16 AM
by working from the fuel rail side of the wiring harness, I could 'bend' the wiring channel far enough to access and remove the clips- luckily I had a second pairs of hands for this and the job went easier
the head is out and will be sent off for a valve job

nizmainiac
08-19-2006, 09:07 AM
well done

Dash01
08-19-2006, 09:15 AM
by working from the fuel rail side of the wiring harness, I could 'bend' the wiring channel far enough to access and remove the clips- luckily I had a second pairs of hands for this and the job went easier
the head is out and will be sent off for a valve job

Chip,

When you removed the head, did you do so with the manifold(s) still on?

Chip
08-19-2006, 10:41 AM
the intake is still on, but I removed the front exhaust manifold before pulling the head

Chip,

When you removed the head, did you do so with the manifold(s) still on?

535ise
08-21-2006, 05:12 PM
If i remember correctly you pull off the rubber gromet from the injector connector and then theres some sort of plastic clip that needs to be pried off, do the same for the other injectors and the wiring channel can be lifted an inch or two out of the way to make getting the injector clips off easier.

Some proper fine hook tools would be handy but a Braddle(sp?) or small flat blade screw diver works ok to get the clips off.