PDA

View Full Version : Is "Grease Monkey" Offensive?

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-17-2006, 10:03 PM
1.Yeah, It hurts....sniff

2.Naw, I got grease under my nails and proud of it?

3.What's a Grease Monkey?

4.Who gives a flying banana anyway?

BigKriss
08-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Is the term "slut" to a prostitute offensive? It depends on how thick your skin is. I say no, but I don't work in the industy. If you infer the word "monkey" to mean there IQ, then I guess some wouldn't like that term.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-17-2006, 10:20 PM
and monkey are wild

pundit
08-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Is "Grease Monkey" Offensive?...
Only to the monkey I would think!

I mean what primate would want to be associated with something that looks like...

WINFRED!! :D :D :D

winfred
08-17-2006, 10:28 PM
we call the new guy at our shop ass monkey

winfred
08-17-2006, 10:30 PM
bite me
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/asskick.gif

Only to the monkey I would think!

I mean what primate would want to be associated with something that looks like...
WINFRED!! :D :D :D

BigKriss
08-17-2006, 10:33 PM
well some say you have to pay for it, not matter what way you look at it. I don't agree though. :)

and monkey are wild

borderchris
08-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Just don't spank the poor little guy...

BigKriss
08-18-2006, 10:36 PM
I have another one guys and I ask this genuinely, is the word "yank" offensive to a person from the USA?

winfred
08-18-2006, 10:44 PM
i yank all the time, i don't see the problem :D

I have another one guys and I ask this genuinely, is the word "yank" offensive to a person from the USA?

califblue
08-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Not in my Book...mechanically inclined is what it means to me ( Automobiles, Bikinis;) , Boats, Guns, Surfboards & Motorcycles I can work on them all with the manual dexterity of a brain surgeon:D )

HDhandyman
08-19-2006, 08:45 AM
When you Aussies say "Yank" it's fine,...cause you're just a bunch of outcasts, like us. But, when a Brit says "****in yanks", then yes, it is offensive.

ThoreauHD
08-19-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't like being called yank because I'm from the south. Nothin worse than some Baliachi cow worshipper callin me the enemy. Not that the word is offensive, it's just not accurate. But maybe that's just me.

Gayle
08-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Wow. I had forgotten that. I grew up in the south and when my father called someone a Yankee it was a very disparaging term.

The term yank has no meaning for me though. It is just something that the Aussies throw around as a synonym for American. Does that make the term Aussie offensive? BTW--Google spell check has the word Aussie in it.

632 Regal
08-19-2006, 05:41 PM
I've got one of them!
Sluts are free, prostitutes charge and monkey are wild

Zeuk in Oz
08-19-2006, 08:48 PM
When you Aussies say "Yank" it's fine,...cause you're just a bunch of outcasts, like us. But, when a Brit says "****in yanks", then yes, it is offensive.
We Aussies (no it is not an offensive term to us) like to offend everyone equally.
Hence Yanks, Poms (English), Micks (Irish) and anyone from Scotland just gets called Jimmy (pronounced jummy) ! :D
And not to mention Frogs (French), Dagoes (Italians) etc etc ...........

angrypancake
08-19-2006, 09:00 PM
yanks suck. go mets. zeuk put it right, if you're gonna offend one, gotta go with all.

btw, wtf is a porchmonkey? they talked about it in Clerks II. I've never heard it used, and apparently it's pretty racist or something

Gayle
08-19-2006, 10:18 PM
btw, wtf is a porchmonkey? they talked about it in Clerks II. I've never heard it used, and apparently it's pretty racist or something

Yes it is pretty racist.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=porchmonkey

rob101
08-19-2006, 10:44 PM
We Aussies (no it is not an offensive term to us) like to offend everyone equally.
Hence Yanks, Poms (English), Micks (Irish) and anyone from Scotland just gets called Jimmy (pronounced jummy) ! :D
And not to mention Frogs (French), Dagoes (Italians) etc etc ...........
lol micks, it does seem there are alot of irish michaels around my grandfather's name is michael and he is of irish decent.
for the record its diegos not dagoes and i thought that applied to spanish peoples. its 1:44 already where did the day go?

Airborne001
08-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Most americans could care less about the term Yank. In a lot of ways it is a compliment. Even though we get along fine now, there is still a small undercurrent of pride that we kicked you guys outta here! <grin>

Zeuk in Oz
08-20-2006, 06:13 PM
for the record its diegos not dagoes
2 different words, I believe. Perhaps you are too young.......... :D

According to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dago they have the same origins.

Certainly in my youth there was only one.

rob101
08-20-2006, 06:57 PM
2 different words, I believe. Perhaps you are too young.......... :D

According to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dago they have the same origins.

Certainly in my youth there was only one.
i think fortunately i am too young. lol

ThoreauHD
08-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Well, a little history on a old scar. Don't get upset northerners. I'm just giving a little history.

Like I said, maybe it's just me... and my family actually. I found .50 caliber sized musket rounds all over my yard when I was a kid. We also found sets of bones about 9 feet under. There were old slave quarters that were burned to the ground, along with what seemed like a cottage. This was just in my yard in rural Louisiana.

So when my grandparents talked about yanks, I understood. We were called coon-asses or southerners. I have pictures, clothes, and diaries from my family during that war. We have chests from that time, and I am the decendent of that guy on your 20 dollar bill. His brother married, and so I'm here now.

The fight was over land, not slavery. If you have any delusions about this, look at your favorite local economically enslaved mexican or h1b indian and get used to disappointment. So, yes, yank is not a pleasant term to us southerners. And I didn't know what foreigners meant in fact, by that term. I thought they were talking about somebody else. But they insisted that I was a yank.. I corrected them.

And yes, I am older than Britney Spears. But not as old as most.

winfred
08-20-2006, 11:44 PM
http://secure-shopping-cart.com/war/cart/cart42.html :D

Most americans could care less about the term Yank. In a lot of ways it is a compliment. Even though we get along fine now, there is still a small undercurrent of pride that we kicked you guys outta here! <grin>

rob101
08-21-2006, 12:08 AM
But they insisted that I was a yank.. I corrected them.

fine we'll call you seppos

Zeuk in Oz
08-21-2006, 12:48 AM
fine we'll call you seppos
Nice one !
But why be so obtuse, what's wrong with "septics" ?

rob101
08-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Nice one !
But why be so obtuse, what's wrong with "septics" ?
lol this is really going to confuse the hell out of him, just like putting dead horse on your meat pie.