PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Stars for sale - new rubber and Star covers--

MicahO
04-06-2004, 10:13 AM
My Throwing Stars are on the block folks - with brand new (sub 200 mile) Bridgestone Pole Position S-03's (non-staggered 235/45-17). The fronts still have a few of the nubbies on the insides, tread barely made contact with the road, sidewalls are perfect. Mounted about a month ago, road force speed balanced, ready to bolt-on and run.

Wheels are in good condition. The silver (rim area) was repainted prior to my purchase of them. I've had the wheels for almost two years. No major rash, just some minor paint scratching along the very edge of the rim.

Star covers and centers are just over 1.5 years old, perfect and were never marked by anything but Meguiars polish and wax and a terry-cloth towel.

These were going to be my summers (hence the rather large expenditure on brand-new S-03's), but some other new wheels and tires came into my possesion that are a more compelling fit.

I'm asking $1500 plus shipping. I'll be taking detailed pictures and posting an ad on Roadfly this weekend, but wanted to let the Bimmer.info e34 clan have first call.

The wheels - no covers:
http://www.bimmernut.com/~micah/images/535/535im1.jpg

The wheels - with covers:
http://www.bimmernut.com/~micah/images/535/9040006s.JPG

Scott H
04-06-2004, 10:15 AM
what wheels are on deck

MicahO
04-06-2004, 11:06 AM
early next week--

:D

Elekta
04-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Hey, did you get my email?

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/DSCN0790.jpg

MicahO
04-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Yup - just replied--

Scott H
04-06-2004, 12:58 PM
:p

early next week--

:D

AllanS
04-06-2004, 01:06 PM
That's a damn good price with 4 new tires.... I was looking at a set of tstars from an 850csi that were beat up and lacked tires, for over 1000$, so I can't imagine you having a hard time selling them.

I wish I had a reason to buy them, but my Breytons just don't seem to want to die. I smacked an absolutely enormous pothole yesterday, at about 75mph- it was so bad that my first thought was to look for an opening on the right so I could pull over and figure out how to work that jack in the trunk. But amazingly enough, the car just sailed on- no shimmy either- absolutely incredible.

DrewZ
04-06-2004, 02:06 PM
From what I understand, the replacements are brandy-damn-new. S'posed to look real nice on a black car. :)

Jeff N.
04-06-2004, 04:41 PM
gee... Micah = Imelda the Second?

Brian C.
04-06-2004, 04:54 PM

Paul in NZ
04-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Now lets see.....1500/.65= NZ$2307.69 nz
Four new tires are worth at least NZ$275 each =NZ$1100
That means the wheels are NZ$300 each
Shipping taxes etc will be say NZ400 max
still only 400 each as opoosed to at least 750 for new....Hmmmmm
where abouts are in the US Micah....
How lomg do i have ......?

MicahO
04-07-2004, 08:51 AM
but you're right on the 'Drew' front....

MicahO
04-07-2004, 08:52 AM
?

Jeff N.
04-07-2004, 10:02 AM
hmmm.... I wonder what Drew ever did with those Alpinas?

DrewZ
04-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Best looking wheel I've ever had on the Touring. If they were only lighter and not staggered, I'd probably still have them.

hmmm.... I wonder what Drew ever did with those Alpinas?

MicahO
04-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I meant that the Throwing Stars that I'm selling had been, at one point, Drew's. Not the new ones that are coming into my possession.

The TStars do have a bit of "Imelda" heritage. Since purchasing them, I've added the covers, and the rubber. Now they are for sale.

Clear as mud!

MicahO
04-07-2004, 12:18 PM
the price is pretty good, imnsho. Reality, though, is that many people don't want that sort of expensive rubber.

It turns out that I'm still in Bridgestone's "30 day test drive," so I'm trying to work out if I can just return the rubber, and then sell the wheels for something closer to full value, and without the anchor of expensive meat weighing them down.

Until that issue is sorted, the package remains for sale as I had posted.

That's a damn good price with 4 new tires.... I was looking at a set of tstars from an 850csi that were beat up and lacked tires, for over 1000$, so I can't imagine you having a hard time selling them.

I wish I had a reason to buy them, but my Breytons just don't seem to want to die. I smacked an absolutely enormous pothole yesterday, at about 75mph- it was so bad that my first thought was to look for an opening on the right so I could pull over and figure out how to work that jack in the trunk. But amazingly enough, the car just sailed on- no shimmy either- absolutely incredible.

Jeff N.
04-07-2004, 01:57 PM
laughing...."The left coast" - haven't heard that before - purdy funny! :)

Brian C.
04-07-2004, 03:30 PM
....we say that all the time!

Brian C.

Paul in NZ
04-07-2004, 03:32 PM
so i can get a quote for the shipping??????

MicahO
04-07-2004, 03:40 PM
so i can get a quote for the shipping??????

Quite a long distance, but I'm in the US - zip code 10990, Town of Warwick, New York.

Seems a painful distance from a cost perspective though......

MicahO
04-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Spamming you all by bringing this post back to the front page, but I got the pictures taken this weekend and they are available at:

Pictures at my web page (http://www.bimmernut.com/~micah/images/Transfer/Wheels/)

The picture Wheel5.JPG is a close up of the worst of the rash on one of the wheels. That's the only scratch that breaks the paint in any noticeable fashion, though as I noted previously, the silver rims have been repainted before. As you can see, the wheels are in quite good shape, and the rubber is pristine. I've got higher-res versions of the pictures if anyone is really interested.

Thanks for the bandwidth--

--Micah

Dick Schneiders
04-12-2004, 11:15 AM
about 1.5 inches or so? I currently have 16" wheels with 225/55/16's on the car.

If so, I would like to buy them. What would the approximate shipping be to send them to Kansas?

You can email me at dickschnei@aol.com, if you prefer.

Thanks,

Dick Schneiders

Spamming you all by bringing this post back to the front page, but I got the pictures taken this weekend and they are available at:

Pictures at my web page (http://www.bimmernut.com/~micah/images/Transfer/Wheels/)

The picture Wheel5.JPG is a close up of the worst of the rash on one of the wheels. That's the only scratch that breaks the paint in any noticeable fashion, though as I noted previously, the silver rims have been repainted before. As you can see, the wheels are in quite good shape, and the rubber is pristine. I've got higher-res versions of the pictures if anyone is really interested.

Thanks for the bandwidth--

--Micah

MicahO
04-12-2004, 02:43 PM
These are sold - thanks to everyone for the interest (and bandwidth).

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.