PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying hello!

tombilljack
08-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi all, just a quick line to say hello.

I am relatively new to the world of E34`s, starting with a 1991 520i SE (24v) then rapidly moving on to a 1989 535i SE (auto).

Never being entirely happy with an automatic I was delighted when I happened accross my current 535i SE with a 5 speed box. A complete e-bay bargain at £260! I still have the auto, dont really know what to do with it. Probably use it for spares.

My current car is pretty standard except for the M5 style wheels, steering wheel and the white indicator type deal at the front. It also has a bit of dodgy `M` badging on it which I will remove when I can be bothered.

Anyway, like I said, just saying hello and may I take this opportunity to add what a great site this is.

Cheers, Andy.

granit_silber
08-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi all, just a quick line to say hello.

I am relatively new to the world of E34`s, starting with a 1991 520i SE (24v) then rapidly moving on to a 1989 535i SE (auto).

Never being entirely happy with an automatic I was delighted when I happened accross my current 535i SE with a 5 speed box. A complete e-bay bargain at £260! I still have the auto, dont really know what to do with it. Probably use it for spares.

My current car is pretty standard except for the M5 style wheels, steering wheel and the white indicator type deal at the front. It also has a bit of dodgy `M` badging on it which I will remove when I can be bothered.

Anyway, like I said, just saying hello and may I take this opportunity to add what a great site this is.

Cheers, Andy.
Welcome!
-ashley

bbig119
08-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Nice looking ride, more pictures please!

Welcome too.

nizmainiac
08-15-2006, 02:44 PM
welcome, andy

Michael999
08-15-2006, 03:27 PM
welcome :)

nice bargain by the way!

Macv
08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Using the other for spares probably makes it a little depressed... :( You should convert it to a 6 speed manual.

Jehu
08-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Throwing the stick down into that sixth gear always makes me grin, haha..
Welcome aboard Andy.Where do you go in England when you want to drive some fun country roads?

tombilljack
08-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Not too much fun to be had driving in central London I`m afraid (with an average traffic speed of less than 15mph!).

Plenty of fun available if you head off into the country though. So long as you are constantly wary of the dreaded speed cameras!

I`ll see if I can post another couple of pictures of my car tomorrow.

And you`re right, a sixth gear would be a bit marvelous, better start combing e-bay!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Jehu
08-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Not too much fun to be had driving in central London I`m afraid (with an average traffic speed of less than MPH!).

Plenty of fun available if you head off into the country though. So long as you are constantly wary of the dreaded speed cameras!

I`ll see if I can post another couple of pictures of my car tomorrow.

And you`re right, a sixth gear would be a bit marvelous, better start combing e-bay!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Do you mean to say England has nearly every road under surveillance?Way out in the hinterland like say over toward Wales near Snowdonia?Not that I'd ever urge recklessness but a guy's got to be able to floor it every now and then without Big Brother dropping a fine on him.. Cheers mate!

tombilljack
08-16-2006, 07:26 AM
With regards Big Brother, yeah, it does feel a bit like that. Speed cameras, mobile speed cameras in discreet vans, not to mention CCTV coverage of most motorways.

Had to sell my bike in fact. Anything over 100mph is likely to end in a ban.

Mind you, so long as you aren`t a complete nutcase you can still have plenty of fun!