PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof, why...

Michael999
08-15-2006, 02:59 AM
...would you ever want to buy another car without one!

I cant beleive how much i love it, its good in almost all weather, at nearly any speed, and doesnt attack your face with an onslaught of wind and bugs like a side window does.

Pointless thread i spose, but im just so happy with my car :)

pundit
08-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Sunroof, why......would you ever want to buy another car without one!...
Or without power steering, air conditioning, cruise control, central locking, ABS, electric windows, electric mirrors etc, etc, etc... Yada, yada yada!! ;)

Yiorgos
08-15-2006, 03:51 AM
Any speed huh?

Sometimes when I have my sunroof open at speeds in excess of say, 90-100km/hr, I find that I can't close my sunroof anymore -- I have to grab the panel with my fingers and tug it a little for it to 'click' back on the track, before the sunroof would move.

I had this happen to me recently, but with the sunroof closed! Meaning I couldn't open it. I had to find an Allen key (sunroof crank was conveniently missing and probably somewhere on the PO's property) and manually open then close the roof before the electronic switches worked again.

Then there's the freeway being built close to my house, with all the trucks hauling dirt and stuff everywhere, I keep the sunroof and windows closed so I don't get dust inside the car.

Then there's the house being rebuilt on my street, again everything is closed to prevent any dust sticking to my interior.

The sunroof is great though when you can use it!

Michael999
08-15-2006, 06:56 AM
Yiogros, im glad i live in the sticks near noone :)

brosher
08-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Try a convertible!

Mr Project
08-15-2006, 07:28 AM
If you really liked sunroofs, you'd have bought a Touring...why settle for only 1? :)