PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof and Windows always on

BillionPa
08-14-2006, 08:54 PM
anyone know (*Shogun*) what relay i need to jump so that the sunroof and windows work when the car is off?

this is the situation: starts raining, sunroof and windows open a bit, run out to car, put key in, turn it, close offending orifices, remove key, go back inside.

i would like to just run out, close the ****, run back in.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-14-2006, 09:08 PM
in the driver's door and turn..wait a few seconds...all the windows and sunroof soon close.

Alexlind123
08-14-2006, 09:10 PM
in the driver's door and turn..wait a few seconds...all the windows and sunroof soon close.

Same here. You didnt know about that feature, Billion?

BillionPa
08-14-2006, 11:39 PM
No!

Yiorgos
08-15-2006, 12:19 AM
It's cool to see your car shut all its windows and its sunroof all by itself :P

By the way, this feature is outlined in the user manual.

BillionPa
08-15-2006, 02:46 AM
now i have to find out what wire controls that and build something so my security remotes aux button performs that operation.

Paul in NZ
08-15-2006, 05:02 AM
the sunroof etc close when you hold the key in the double lock postion for a time.I beleive tho that the later cars double lock automatically so do you guys with later cars just hold the key turned to the lock position for a time to lose windows etc?

Rus
08-15-2006, 07:28 AM
now i have to find out what wire controls that and build something so my security remotes aux button performs that operation.

I've hooked up my alarm to activate this feature using an auxilary output. Very convenient. Go to: http://bmwe34.net/e34main/Upgrade/KeylessEntry.htm and scroll down to the bottom of the page. I used that diode setup and it works like a charm. HTH