PDA

View Full Version : Imola Red Paint job

Dan-ny-m398
08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
It is not exactly a bmw, but I chose my favorite bmw color to do this, I did this myself, in the most getto conditions imaginable with no bodyshop experience whatsover, and I think it came out good considering all the stuff mentioned above. I would give the paint job a 7 out of 10 the paint came out perfect no runs and pretty even, but I had some runs with the clear coat, it got dark and I couldn't see that well anymore (jajaja yes it was that getto) the most important thing is that I learned a lot and I still have to buy 2 more vans and paint them the same color, so I assume that when is all said and done I will be able to do a decent paint job, myself.

632 Regal
08-14-2006, 06:33 PM
looks good from here. The last job I did was my PU truck and I didnt have the proper reducer (temps dropped 20 degrees) and it looked like curtains. went and got some 1200 and DA'ed the thing flat and wheeled it out. Looked great too. Body prep takes the longest to do properly so the paint dont fly off on the freeways, next to taping that is.

fujioko
08-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Looks good! Ford spelled backwards stands for Driver Returns On Foot.

Dan-ny-m398
08-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Looks good! Ford spelled backwards stands for Driver Returns On Foot.

U don't have to tell me that, I know it by heart from my Mustang days (teen) after that I swore never to buy a ford again, but I reluctantly bought this one about a year +ago and I have only changed the 2 times, and the thing still drives pretty good.

e39dream
08-14-2006, 09:31 PM
great idea getting your practice in on the ford:)

Dan-ny-m398
08-14-2006, 09:43 PM
great idea getting your practice in on the ford:)

I spent about 30 hours preping the thing. took the whole interior appart, sanded the inside of the doors, then all of it sudden it hit me, WTF this is my ford VAN why am I sanding the inside of the doors, but I did learn a lot and I'm pretty confident that with a little more practice I will be able to actually respray a car, BTW I love Imola red, Can't wait to do it to one of my e34's.