PDA

View Full Version : OBC Totally dead on 95 525iT

Wiseguy
08-14-2006, 10:55 AM
OK,

I just spent damn nea an hour searching the archives and no luck. :(

My 95 Wagon's OBC Display is dead.. and I checked the fuses under the back seat as well as under the hood, all appear good and test good. I also tried swapping out the OBC head itself.

Any reset tricks or......?

granit_silber
08-14-2006, 12:11 PM
OK,

I just spent damn nea an hour searching the archives and no luck. :(

My 95 Wagon's OBC Display is dead.. and I checked the fuses under the back seat as well as under the hood, all appear good and test good. I also tried swapping out the OBC head itself.

Any reset tricks or......?
I maybe misunderstanding your post, but have you checked the lightbulbs in the display? I'm not sure what "head" you're talking about. The little black brick is the OBC. If that's what you switched then maybe you've lost power from the plug inthe front consol or something is misaligned.

Hope that helped.
-ashley

Wiseguy
08-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Ashley,

The OBC is totally inop. Pushing the BC switch on the end of the stalk does not trigger anything, and I have swapped in a known good OBC. It's not display lighting (The buttons light up at night). I checked the fuses under the rear seat and the fuse on the OBC relay.

All are good. It's puzzling to say the least..

Bill

CrimsonBrian
10-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Bill,
Did you ever figure out what this issue was? I am having the exact same problem and its making me mental. Thanks!

Brian

Ross
10-21-2006, 01:50 PM
It's been a while since I fooled with one but as I recall the display lighting is a different bulb than the one for the buttons.
If you shine a light on it you may see it's working after all.
Can someone confirm the lighting thing?

CrimsonBrian
10-21-2006, 02:19 PM
It's been a while since I fooled with one but as I recall the display lighting is a different bulb than the one for the buttons.
If you shine a light on it you may see it's working after all.
Can someone confirm the lighting thing?

I cant speak for Bill but I know mine is dead. Shining a light into the display yields nothing. I have replaced both the OBC and the bulbs with new ones that I know are working. All of my fuses are working, so I am totally baffled as to whats going on. It doesnt seem like the OBC is getting any power. I'll fool around with the stuff under the bench seat but I wouldnt know what to do.

DaveVoorhis
10-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Wiring diagrams are here: http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW

Get out your trusty multimeter and check for power at the OBC connector, then work your way back. There's no magic to solving electrical problems; just a logical process of finding out where the power is and where it isn't.

BFEINZIMER
10-21-2006, 04:00 PM
yea im guessing mine is completely dead as when i push in on the turn signal stick for any amount of time, nothing displays in the check control..?