PDA

View Full Version : Dismal pickings at the U-Pull-It today . . .

gale
08-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Me & the boy went back to snag the 3.46 LSD diff out of the '90 e34 I stripped parts from last weekend. Well, the car was sent to the crusher -- bummer! Note to self: when you don't have the right tools, go back & get them immediately, you can only snag parts while they're still there.

The trip wasn't a waste, I was determined to "earn" back my $1 entrance fee & got a few e28 parts. If anyone has an e28, I have a nice blower fan, an eta 027 DME box, idle bypass valve, idle control unit, windshield washer pump motor. I'll be putting them on ebay soon, e-mail or PM me if interested.

rob101
08-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Me & the boy went back to snag the 3.46 LSD diff out of the '90 e34 I stripped parts from last weekend. Well, the car was sent to the crusher -- bummer! Note to self: when you don't have the right tools, go back & get them immediately, you can only snag parts while they're still there.

The trip wasn't a waste, I was determined to "earn" back my $1 entrance fee & got a few e28 parts. If anyone has an e28, I have a nice blower fan, an eta 027 DME box, idle bypass valve, idle control unit, windshield washer pump motor. I'll be putting them on ebay soon, e-mail or PM me if interested.
hello! idle control unit, can you do me a favour and tell me the part number it has on it. i think mine is fried but i have a 528i not e.

gale
08-13-2006, 10:27 AM
I pulled it from a 1985 e30 325e (same controller as for an e28 528e). On that car, it mounts on top of the DME which is above the glovebox liner. It's a green plastic box and is about the size of a pack of cigarettes:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/idle_ctrl.jpg

rob101
08-14-2006, 01:22 AM
okay mine doesn't have one of these........ very odd, seems no L-jet m30s do! or for that matter euro 535i don't have them either..... they must have been controlled by the ECU?
thanks for the help, i am sorry but i won't be able to take it off your hands