PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest price on KYB struts #34507141 I've found on web (USA)

Mass535Love
08-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm sure some of you are looking to repair/replace parts as it's summer time and we love working on our cars. :D I've located a really inexpensive pair of front strut inserts from AJUSA http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/kyb/products?session_id=94afdee8a0b5a496accfc336f752e6 81 For the pair it's only $109 USD and free shipping.

JUST F.Y.I. I already ordered these from autopartswarehouse.com and they failed to deliver them after 2 weeks and I cancelled the order. I'm waiting for an email confirmation that they refunded my money. They did, however, deliver my rear shocks in a speedy 3 days. (Incase any of you were going to order from them, this has been my experience, both good and bad)

I hope this can help some of you save some $$$ with your babies.

Drive fun but drive safe!

Michael

PS I did check bmaparts.com and it's about $35 more to go with them.

winfred
08-12-2006, 11:46 PM
that's a hell of a deal on kyb's, i pay $57.55 each for them on our gold level worldpac account

mzarifkar
08-13-2006, 11:59 AM
those strutmounts that are posted below, it says its for a 530, will it be different for a 95 525?

saj3n
08-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks! I will need to do my rears soon, and at $112 + $40 for strut monts, that's not bad at all. Almost what I paid just for 2 fronts.

Evan
08-13-2006, 03:43 PM
I bought my KYB off eBay from this guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=160012653166&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

$230 shipped for two front struts and two rear shocks

I also bought H&R springs from this guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=320011807748&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

$261 shipped.. took him ten days to actually get them to FedEx though... still waiting.

I bought a Lemforder kit from BMA for $700. shipped including control arms upper and lower, tie rods, idler arm, center link, and sway bar links.

God I have a lot of work to do........................

(also bought cabin filter, mobil 1 oil, spark plugs, oil filter, v belts, oem m-parallel wheels and new kumho tires, and removed the seats so i could get to the carpet... this is all less expensive than alcohol, drugs, and/or a girlfriend.

Mass535Love
08-14-2006, 01:01 PM
2 Things I wanted to note.
1. I don't know why but the part number is initially wrong for the thread. Not sure how it got changed when I copied and pasted. It's 366005 I'm talking about.
2. I guess I can't link directly to the part I was talking about because when you click on the link it defaults you to the 1992 525 (I believe).

@Mzarifkar, Part number SM5256 is what came up for a 95 525 also. I even searched for you on www.kyb.com and that is what it shows as the part you'd use. But you might want to check for yourself though as I don't want to claim they are the right ones but according the the site that's what your car would use.

Yeah it's pretty decent. That's why I thought I'd share it with you guys. It's always nice to save money. Will be my first time doing struts / shocks. Hope all goes well and I don't bust too many knuckles :P

Oh and as far as autopartswarehouse.com I really can't recommend them. I'm still waiting for confirmation they will refund my money. You can get ahold of customer service usually within 5 mins, so that's good but they all promise " Oh I'll talk to customer service right now and have that processed immediately " and ofcourse I never get confirmation even days, weeks later.
Told them if I don't get some sort of confirmation by tomorrow that they intend on refunding my money for the 2 struts I will be contacting my bank and reporting it.

Don't be alarmed though. Autopartswarehouse.com is not the place I'm recommending for the cheap parts. That would be Ajusa.com

Happy buying and we can HOPE (crosses fingers) for happy repairing :P

Dukes
09-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Evan, I just bought the same KYB shocks from this guy. How was the packaging once it arrived? Was anything damaged? And did you put them on yet? How does it feel

Oh and as far as autopartswarehouse.com I really can't recommend them. I'm still waiting for confirmation they will refund my money.

Stay away from AutoPartsWarehouse!! I ordered replacement shocks from them for my E36 M3 after confirming that they had everything in stock first. I got a call a day later saying that everything was backordered except for one shock that shipped. I asked for a refund and waited 3 days for a credit to hit my account. I then called to find out how long would my refund take and the guy said it takes about 2 weeks!!! After that I quickly fired off an e-mail to customer service stating that if I didn't get my refund soon (for the items that didn't even ship to me YET!) then I was going to report them to the BBB.

Long story short, I received my credit the next day.

Evan
09-01-2006, 01:02 PM
they arrived on time and in good condition... make sure you have the rest of the hardware you need for the install..

im not done yet so i havent driven the car.

if you have questions, ask away

Thayne
09-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the info and links! :D

SC David
09-01-2006, 09:38 PM
they arrived on time and in good condition... make sure you have the rest of the hardware you need for the install..

Amen. I lost one of the nuts that goes on top of the strut to hold it all together. I realized this only while installing the last corner. Lets just say I went through one lonnnnnngggggg and frustrating search with a lopsided car on 3 new shocks/springs & one blown shock trying to find the right part, so MAKE SURE these components are included.

Dukes
09-02-2006, 05:45 PM

Cool. I ordered with these KYB shocks/struts, the KYB strut boot with bumpstops, and mounts.

Does the bump stop that comes with the boot have to be modified like the Bilsteins? I'm thinking no, but I don't know for sure.

Dukes
09-07-2006, 02:30 PM

Evan, I just wanted to point out that I installed my two KYB shock inserts with the KYB strut boot, KYB bumpstops, and new Eibach springs yesterday. It took so long that I will have to do the rears later on.

What I don't understand is the widespread histeria about KYB's shocks. They feel great with these springs! I can't wait until I get the rear done. The car feels so solid and taut. I'm glad I took the time to get it done right. Is the ride harsh? I'd have to say NO.

Evan
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
The KYB struts I have don't fit properly with the H&R springs. When I fully torque the top nut, there is little or no tension put on the spring... the KYB strut piston is longer than Boge...

I wish I never would have bought them.

How did your install go?

SC David
09-07-2006, 03:52 PM
The KYB struts I have don't fit properly with the H&R springs. When I fully torque the top nut, there is little or no tension put on the spring... the KYB strut piston is longer than Boge...

How did your install go?
Are you sure you bought the right ones? 540i's do have different struts than the rest of the earlier e34's IIRC. Could have been false advertising on the sellers part, because I'm running H&R sports + KYB's and it's a fine combo.

Dukes
09-07-2006, 04:39 PM

How did your install go?

For my 530, the install went smooth. I noticed the KYB strut piston was longer than Boge/OEM as well. The only issues I had were unloosening a couple bolts on the car-- like the strut collar nut. (mine was rusted)

I had no tension problems when I put the spring back on. In fact, I had to compress the Eibach spring very little to get on the front strut mounts.

KYB part numbers: 366007 - front, 341081 - rear
Eibach part number: 2013.140

Evan
09-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Did you use regular thickness spring pads or the 3mm spring pads?

Dukes
09-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Did you use regular thickness spring pads or the 3mm spring pads?
I used the spring pads that were originally there. I suppose they are OEM. I didn't measure them, sorry. But I did clean them with some Simple Green if that helps. :D

fkong777
09-07-2006, 05:14 PM

How did your install go?

if the part# is correct. you should not have any problem because the weight of the car will keep everything in place.

winfred
09-07-2006, 08:20 PM
it's deceiving they are about the same length, the difference is the sachs/boge strut inserts have a spring inside that retracts the piston a couple inches and won't let it extend to it's stop, personally i don't like the sachs/boge units, they are a pain in the ass to install with that pull back spring and they don't last long, 3-4 years and they are getting weak

most struts will not always play nice with lowering springs, sorta the price you pay for the drop coils

The KYB struts I have don't fit properly with the H&R springs. When I fully torque the top nut, there is little or no tension put on the spring... the KYB strut piston is longer than Boge

BMWCCA1
04-24-2008, 12:26 AM
I assume you paid by credit card? Did you try going through your credit card holder to unwind the deal? One reason I'm happy to pay the annual fee for Amex!

(Edit: F*cking forum clock, this should be post #21)

Mass535Love
04-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I know this is old but as of today, I have never received my refund. They told me atleast 10 times it's in the mail etc. Nothing, ever. Out like 100 bucks. I contacted BBB and said I did not provide enough info, even though it was 2 pages worth. So I gave up.