PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Spirited Driving...

Qube
08-11-2006, 06:26 AM
So I thought I'd go flex the muscles a bit and drive around some more lesser travelled roads yesterday...

That's a GPS on the right. Never doubt their accuracy. See that number in the upper right hand box? That's the Max Speed value. Apparently this car went faster than I imagined :)

Yiorgos
08-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Err... 511mph? hehe

That's a tidy GPS unit you have there Qube. Do you find though that you are wary of someone doing a "smash'n'grab" for the GPS unit, with it sitting on the dash and all?

Also, where does the curly cord go to -- the cigarette lighter?

GoldenOne
08-11-2006, 07:05 AM
i would imagine thats where the cord is going too...how do you like that unit Qube?

Qube
08-11-2006, 07:25 AM
Smash and grab? Nah. Never leave things out like that when I'm not there :)

Do I like the unit? Yeah, it's great. The screen size is good. The icons are large enough for touch screen. The prices have good down such that after rebates, you can snatch one sub $350 USD!

Oh yes, they both go to the cig adapter... the GPS going to the rear one.

Omega
08-11-2006, 08:44 AM
I don't know what the smash-and-grab situation is like in the States but in the UK thieves are deliberately looking for the suction marks left by the GPS holder on car windscreens.

When they see the marks they break in and rifle the glove box and under the seats as these are the most common hiding spots for the GPS.

Qube > How well did it handle the bends at 511mph? Was there any tyre squeal?

Alexlind123
08-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Lock it in your glovebox and double lock the doors?

Ausmpower
08-11-2006, 09:00 AM
I've had mine at a sustained 190 kph (around 118 mph) on a straight stretch (40 km!) of 'outback' highway.

For the record I had someone on board who was in a bad way (multiple leg fractures from a 4x4 roll over) and we were 400 km from the nearest hospital in a mining camp.

Qube
08-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm in Canada :) Things are somewhat better here... but you have a good point. I'll go around and see if I can see mount marks. Me, I actually leave the mount itself attached, but take the unit. I usually leave it in the ski bag. Oops. I let out a secret!

I'm not sure when it hit 511kph (not MPH!), but I must have been pretty stoned (drunk)!

The fastest I have been while sober was 240 (or 250?) kph, just to outpace a ricer on my tail.

I don't know what the smash-and-grab situation is like in the States but in the UK thieves are deliberately looking for the suction marks left by the GPS holder on car windscreens.

When they see the marks they break in and rifle the glove box and under the seats as these are the most common hiding spots for the GPS.

Qube > How well did it handle the bends at 511mph? Was there any tyre squeal?

Jon K
08-11-2006, 12:24 PM
You guys and your fast cars...

Fetch
08-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Lock it in your glovebox and double lock the doors?

If only that somehow increased the strength of the glass ;)

GoldenOne
08-11-2006, 01:12 PM
You guys and your fast cars...

i sense some sarcasm lol for you will shatter that soon...