PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Transmission fix opinons??

gmannino
08-11-2006, 03:32 AM
I was at the autoparts store purchasing some atf fluid and I was looking at Lucas Transmission fix additive. Has anyone on this forum have any experience using Lucus products? What are your opinions on this product. I am thinking about trying the trans fix and fuel injection cleaner.

Ausmpower
08-11-2006, 04:25 AM
"Mechanic in a can"...... not for an auto tranny...........

joshua43214
08-11-2006, 05:55 AM
I asked my import parts dealer about the stuff a few years ago, they said they sell most of theirs to used car dealers. They told me their products do wrk for geting a few extra miles out of something, so if you just trying to get down the road until payday, it may not hurt.

I used the Lucas power steering additive on my old Saab 900t that had a very tight rack and it certainly helped for about 6 months, which was all I really wanted it to do, then I just swapped out the rack the next time I had the engine out.

wingman
08-11-2006, 07:37 AM
Lucas? The Prince of Darkness!!! These guys can't make anything decent in their chosen field (auto-electrics) don't trust them...

fclake
08-11-2006, 07:41 AM
I was at the autoparts store purchasing some atf fluid and I was looking at Lucas Transmission fix additive. Has anyone on this forum have any experience using Lucus products? What are your opinions on this product. I am thinking about trying the trans fix and fuel injection cleaner.
I have never used the stuff but I know people who swear by it.

Qube
08-11-2006, 09:11 AM
It's good to allow the car to finish a test drive... before you sell it :)

It boils down to how much you want to keep the car, really.

Now if you're talking about Lucas Oil Stabilizer... that's a different beast.

gmannino
08-11-2006, 11:40 AM
so what about lucas oil stabilizer?

Ausmpower
08-11-2006, 11:50 AM
It's great for whiney diff's and diesel engines.......

gmannino
08-11-2006, 03:33 PM
So from what I am hearing on this post, Lucas products are decent in quality. They should be ok to use in BMW's I assume.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-11-2006, 03:48 PM
After a filter change and a second ATF fluid change I put Valvoline Maxlife into the trans and it smoothed out some of the odd rough shifts.

I know on a car dealer that also throws additives in the trans to help get them off the lot, Seafoam Trans Tune. sometimes followed by a filter and fuild change after a good run to flush the crud loose.

SnakeyesTx
08-12-2006, 12:13 AM
I use lucas after 80k miles on the engine and trans. Its like that max life stuff ideally. A few seal conditioners and just all around thicker goo. You'll learn the true meaning of patience waiting for that stuff to drain out of the bottles :D